Wedding Reception Forum

Wedding Cupcakes?

I love the ability to DIY with the wedding cupcakes but I'm curious if I do this, how can I have the ceremony of "cutting the cake." The options I've come up with are to just go over and take off the liners and then feed each other.

Do you awesome Knotties have any other ideas? Something that you have seen done that makes it a little more ceremonial than just eating them?
http://mrsdanielparsons.weebly.com Can't figure out the HTML stuff ^^ That's my bio!

Re: Wedding Cupcakes?

• I have not seen this done but I would suggest making a small cake (maybe round pan cake?) and cutting that. Then mothers/fathers of the bride and groom could also share that small cake as well. Then you would have something to cut and the rest can be cupcakes!
  • We are doing a massive cupcake on the top that we will cut. This is on top of a cupcake stand.  Each cupcake will be "dressed" in a designer cupcake wrapper that we found here:

• I wouldn't bother cutting them since that defeats the purpose of having cupcakes in the first place. Although not everyone is able to open their mouths that wide without getting frosting on their faces. Just remove the liner and feed each other that way.
  • Just use a fork.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Most of the wedding cupcake arrangements I've seen include a very small cake on top for the ceremonial cutting.  But otherwise, remember that the tradition isn't about the actual cut, it's about feeding each other your first "meal" as a married couple.  So however you want to share a cupcake is fine.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Cut one cupcake in half and share it?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_wedding-cupcakes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:be8cbd90-b5bf-4dd1-8226-f4871e1dc567Post:d4c65511-a66a-4a7c-90e6-22b0224bf614">Re: Wedding Cupcakes?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Most of the wedding cupcake arrangements I've seen include a very small cake on top for the ceremonial cutting.  But otherwise, remember that the tradition isn't about the actual cut, it's about feeding each other your first "meal" as a married couple.  So however you want to share a cupcake is fine.
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

Definately, have a small cake on the top to cut and feed each other. I've seen it and it looks just as awesome as anything else (except way cheaper!)
  • I agree with the first responder — just get a small round cake to cut and share.  That's probably what we'll end up doing.  You can share it with your attendants, or just make it a sweetheart cake. ^_^

We also love the idea (and DIY) of wedding cupcakes.  Plus we're having a morning ceremony, so they will add to the informality and festivity of the occasion.
  • Thanks guys! I always thought that the top cakes that I've seen with cupcakes were the anniversary cakes that you freeze for a year. I guess we could always just freeze a few leftover cupcakes, though.
    http://mrsdanielparsons.weebly.com Can't figure out the HTML stuff ^^ That's my bio!
  • We're just planning to cut a cupcake in half and feed it to each other.

I refuse to eat anything that's been frozen for a year, especially cake. Gross.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards