West Virginia
Options

Marriott Warning!

A close friend recently had her wedding ruined by the Marriott. Four days before her wedding she received a call that they had a previous booking and she would have to change her wedding. They have now admitted that they have shoved her wedding aside for a corporate function. Do not let this happen to you!

Re: Marriott Warning!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_west-virginia_marriott-warning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:132Discussion:5d30637b-e893-42cf-9b04-892dcfd2d59ePost:b905c061-887c-4f83-b261-67899efa1a46">Marriott Warning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]A close friend recently had her wedding ruined by the Marriott. Four days before her wedding she received a call that they had a previous booking and she would have to change her wedding. They have now admitted that they have shoved her wedding aside for a corporate function. Do not let this happen to you!
    Posted by sexymander[/QUOTE]

OMG that is so terrible, I once considered them but have opted to go with The Clay center.  Does your friend have a contract and if so is there some way she could be compensated for their breach of contract?
  • Options
    WOW, glad I found this!!!  Thanks!
  • Options

There was a contract, she took it to her lawyer and still plans to get compensation.  The problem she had was so close to the wedding she didn't have time to take legal action.  They refused to refund her money because they "require a notice of cancellation" even though they broke the contract.  She couldn't get any money to throw anything else together in time to keep her date.  She even called corporate and they refused to do anything about it.  It just makes me sick to think of how many couples they've done this to over the years. 

• Options
    Man glad I saw this..I am also looking at the Clay Center. Thanks for the warning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards