Tennessee

Newly engaged - one more question...

What are the going rates for wedding paraphernalia?  The ceremony, the reception site, the flowers, etc.  I know that it will depend upon the look, the location, the party size, the food, etc.  But if you have any ideas suggestions, I'd appreciate it.  Thanks.  ;0)

Re: Newly engaged - one more question...

• mwhitson14mwhitson14 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well there are so many factors it's really hard to give than an answer. You can honestly spend as little or as much as you want, depending on how much DIY you're willing to do from a lot to none at all, to budget shopping to spending a lot of money. And everything is different. I can give you a breakdown of my budget, but it could not help you at all.

For example:

We spent $250 on our ceremony and reception location, but it's a church and we're members.
    Flowers-we are only having a few bouquets and a few bouts, so we're only spending $130. No flowers in the reception.

It varies sooo much.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • opalsky007opalsky007 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Whit--it just varies so much. I have seen places where you can have your ceremony for next to nothing, and others that cost $1000. Many reception venues will let you have the space for free with a minimum food/drink purchase (which again varies wildly). My suggestion: get an idea of your head count, then start calling/emailing venues that fit that number to get an idea of what you can expect to pay. It'll let you clue into what's average, high, low, etc.

Out of the things you named, flowers probably vary the least, though it stil depends on what flowers you choose, and at what time of year. My florist's going rate seemed to be around $100 for the bride, $40 for bridesmaids, $30 for corsages and $12 for bouts. The prices went up from there for more expensive flowers, and I'd call it on the high end of average for the area (I did not have a lot of options since so many florists closed in Knoxville last year). Shop around ( or DIY) and you may be able to do better.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards