Florida-North Florida

KOTW: Nolebride

Ladies, TGIF - If you would like to be featured, please let me know...

Crystal, please answer these questions.  Everyone else, feel free to ask her anything.

1.First Name & FI's First name and wedding date?
2. Where did you go to college?
3. What part of the world do you live in?
4. How did you and FI Meet?
5. How long have you been together?
6. Do you live together? Why or why not?
7. How did FI propose?
8. How long of an engagement are you having/did you have? Why?
9. Favorite wedding vendor so far?
10. Biggest piece of wedding advice you can share so far?
11. What do you do for a career? What does FI do?
12. Do you think you could be/will ever be a stay at home mama?
13. Do you want children? Any potential names yet?
14. Do you have any pets? Names?
15. Do you have any siblings?
16. What is your favorite food?
17. What is your favorite movie?
18. What is your favorite drink? (Alcohol and Non-Alcohol)
19. What is the hardest part of wedding plans for you?
20. Where are you honeymooning?
21. What is the best thing you learned on The Knot?
22. What's one city you would love to live in for a year?
23. What do you love most about your FI?
24. If you have an extra $5000 to put towards your wedding only, what would you spend it on?
25. What is one silly thing about you?
26. What Knottie wedding would you love to attend?
27. What is something you learned from The Knot that you never heard of prior?
28. What other Knottie boards do you visit?
29. Describe yourself in 3 words.
30. What else do you want to share??

Re: KOTW: Nolebride

• NoleBride10NoleBride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1.First Name & FI's First name and wedding date? Crystal & Jason, June 12, 2010
    2. Where did you go to college? I currently attend FSU, both FI and I are graduating in May!
    3. What part of the world do you live in? I live in Tallahassee right now but we will be moving to Jacksonville after graduation
    4. How did you and FI Meet? We went to the same high school in 9th grade and had 4 classes together. 
    5. How long have you been together? 7 and a half years
    6. Do you live together? Why or why not? We do live together. We have lived together for all of college. We started dating our freshman year of high school and I moved to Hawaii. We did long distance for 3 years (which came with plenty of drama) and we both decided to attend FSU. When we got in, we talked to our parents and we all came to the conclusion that it didn't make sense to get 2 dorms when we would be spending all our time in the other's room. Also, I think my parents were taking a sink or swim approach to it. 
    7. How did FI propose? He proposed at the FSU spring game. We had started talking more and more about marriage (at that point we had been together for over 5 years) and we went to look at rings. My family was already going to be down for the game and so he decided it would be a great time to do it. He had friends of mine hold up a huge banner and my mom distracted me. It was amazing and so us. 
    8. How long of an engagement are you having/did you have? Why? By the time we get married it will be 26 months. We always knew it would be a longer engagement because I wanted to wait until after we graduated. He actually proposed earlier than I thought he would but we were just ready to take that step and now I am so glad that I had so much time to plan. 
    9. Favorite wedding vendor so far? Classic Cakes by far. Their cakes are absolutely amazing as far as taste is concerned. Also, Carol is amazingly helpful and knows how to give her opinion without being pushy. 
    10. Biggest piece of wedding advice you can share so far? Do your research. I looked at over 50 photographers before I narrowed it down to 20, then 10, then 5. I then met with a bunch of them and ended up going with my dream photographer who I knew about all along. However, because of all of my research, I was able to negotiate his highest package for the lowest package price. 
    11. What do you do for a career? What does FI do? We are both education majors. I will have  degree in Elementary Education, minor in Child Development, and he will have a degree in Science Education, minor in Biology. We both feel really strongly that even though Education isnt a lucrative career, it gives us the opportunity to make a huge difference in a child's life. 
    12. Do you think you could be/will ever be a stay at home mama? I wish! With our career choices, that will never be an option. However, one of the perks of being a teacher is that you get summer off with your children. 
    13. Do you want children? Any potential names yet? I want 2. Hopefully one of each gender. We don't plan on TTC for at least another 4 years because we want some time together to travel and enjoy married life first. For a girl we love Paige Madison and for a boy we have a few names but nothing definite. 
    14. Do you have any pets? Names? We don't have any pets together sadly. Our apartment does not allow pets. I promised Jason that the first thing we would do once we buy our house is get a dog!
    15. Do you have any siblings? I have a younger brother who is 20 (that makes me feel very old!) He is pretty much my opposite in every single way. 
    16. What is your favorite food? Cake! Jason always tells me I cant have cake as a favorite food because its not "real" (insert eye roll). So as far as "real" food is concerned, I would say anything Mexican. We go to Los Compadres in Tallahassee once a week pretty much. 
    17. What is your favorite movie? Sex and the City
    18. What is your favorite drink? (Alcohol and Non-Alcohol) Alcohol: its called a Malibu Express. Its Malibu, pineapple, and sprite. Non-alcohol: lemonade or water. I usually just drink water. 
    19. What is the hardest part of wedding plans for you? I think one of the hardest things is reminding myself that it is one day and I cannot let it take over my life. Also, remembering that it is not going to perfect no matter what and I will be the only one who notices when things go wrong. I am a bit of a control freak/perfectionist so it has been a lesson in letting go. 
    20. Where are you honeymooning? We are going to Secrets Maroma Beach! I am so excited!
    21. What is the best thing you learned on The Knot? I wouldnt be able to narrow it down to one thing. I have gotten countless vendor recs and a million DIY tips. 
    22. What's one city you would love to live in for a year? A big city of some sort, maybe Chicago or London. 
    23. What do you love most about your FI? Thats a toughie! I would say that it comes down to the little sweet things he does. Almost every weekend he wakes up earlier than me and makes breakfast. I also really love the way that he is such a jokester and we are always very silly together. 
    24. If you have an extra $5000 to put towards your wedding only, what would you spend it on? Flowers, videographer. I love my flowers but I would really love to go crazy and have flowers everywhere!
    25. What is one silly thing about you? I have what people call a "crystal dance". Its a little victory dance I do when I win or when I am right. lol
    26. What Knottie wedding would you love to attend? I think JenDawn's or LuckyinLove's (even though it passed). 
    27. What is something you learned from The Knot that you never heard of prior? Pocketfolders! 
    28. What other Knottie boards do you visit? Occasionally the June 2010 board or Budget brides. I dont post there however. 
    29. Describe yourself in 3 words. intelligent, kind, silly
    30. What else do you want to share?? I just want to thank all you ladies for giving some great advice and good luck on all your planning! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards