Rhode Island

Crowne Plaza, Warwick, RI

Has anyone seen the atrium AND the patio space at the Crowne Plaza in Warwick, RI?  Is the patio space outdoors or covered?  Any info and pictures are much appreciated! 

Thanks in advance!

Re: Crowne Plaza, Warwick, RI

• edited December 2011
    I'm not sure about the patio space, but I don't really recommend the Atrium room. We had a banquet there in May and it was loud and freezing cold (which I'm sure can be fixed) and you can really smell the chlorine from the adjacent pool. Plus it's kind of an odd setup, so that I'm not sure where you'd sit so that everyone in the room could see you. The Crowne has much nicer spaces. I love the Rotunda room and the ballroom is nice too, as is the Tiverton room. They also have a permanent-ish outdoor tent now on what I think was the patio ... but that wasn't up in May.
  • neha2481neha2481 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Kristen.

I'm going to be having my cocktail hour in the Atrium so it'll pretty much be standing room only.  I've been told there is a patio space we can use too so I was curious to see if anyone knew about it.

We are getting married and having the reception in the garden pavilion which is the permanent tent.  The rest of the hotel is booked which is why we're ending up in the Atrium.  I'm hoping it won't be too cold and smelly but I will definitely check with the hotel, thanks for the heads up! 
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, I think it would be fine for a cocktail hour. We were in there from 6 to 10 p.m. for a seated banquet with speakers and awards and such. The patio area is right off the rear of the room, with double doors leading out there. They weren't open during our banquet, but that was early May.
  • edited December 2011
    From what I recall, the patio is not covered.  We looked at the Atrium for our reception, but we didn't like the shape of the room, we felt like it would make the guests feel segregated from each other since there's nowhere that has a clear view straight across the room. 
    I highly recommend the Crowne though.  Janet is a fantastic coordinator and we're having our ceremony in the Tiverton Room and the reception in the Rotunda.  The food is fantastic and the pricing really can't be beat for what you're getting. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • neha2481neha2481 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all!  I'm currenlty living in Chicago and planning my wedding in RI so it's very helpful when people can answer these questions when I can drive there myself!!

Good luck to you brides on your upcoming weddings!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards