Arkansas

NWA Venues

I am from Central Arkansas, but getting married in NWA(Fayetteville/Rogers/Bentonville) for my Fiance's family. I am needing some ideas for places to have it, that aren't super expensive.
imageVacation

Re: NWA Venues

• edited December 2011
    One of the places I discovered after I had already booked my venue is Trees at the Waterside in Fayetteville: http://www.treesatwaterside.com/

An employee of mine got married there and said it was only $300 or so for the space.  And it's my understanding you can use your choice of caterer.  I think it's absolutely gorgeous.  You can see it from the Lake Fayetteville trail. 

From doing my own venue hunting, I found out about these places:

Pratt Place Inn and Barn-I'm using the dining room and terrace of the inn.  It's $1200 for the dining room.  The barn is several thousand ($3500, at least, if I'm remebering correctly).  They have recently switched from letting you choose any caterer with a license to limiting you to choosing from a list of three.  And if you are wanting a Saturday in football season, it gets difficult to rent the place.  It is absolutely beautiful there, though.
    www.prattplaceinn.com

Inn at Carnall Hall-On campus, beautiful.  Prices vary depending on which event space you use (I think the big space is about $400).  They do require you to use their onsite restaurant for catering (Ella's--amazing food, but not the widest selection, so if you're wanting something like mac and cheese, they're not for you).  ***Right now UA is having major construction and there is a huge, ugly gravel service road stretched across Old Main Lawn.  Not very pretty, but not really affecting Carnall Hall's views too much that I can tell (I work on campus and park every day by here).
    www.innatcarnallhall.com

UARK Bowl, a.k.a. UARK Ballroom-On Dickson Street, at the edge of campus.  It is operated by the same people as Carnall Hall.  It's a neat, large space but not the cheapest.  I want to say it was about $1000.  You have the option to use whichever caterer you like.  The thing I think is adorable about this venue is they'll put your names and date on the marquis out front.
    http://www.uarkballroom.com/

Fayetteville Town Center-On the Fayetteville Square.  They range in price depending on how big of the space you need (They can break up the space into smaller areas.  They have a parking deck on site, which is handy.  I used them a few years ago for an event for a non-profit.  You could use your choice of caterer. 

Places I did not look into but seem neat:
    Stone Chapel at Matt Lane Farm (but I feel I've heard they're pricy)
    The North 40 (Old farmhouse that's now a bed and breakfast and event space)
    Scarpino's
    Drake Field (the old Fayetteville airport) has an event venue

I did not look outside of Fayetteville, so I don't have much to say about anything else!  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVED the Trees at Waterside, but when I tried to book, they told me they no longer rent it out to the public! Very disappointing. 
    imageVacation
  • edited December 2011
    You might want to look into Eureka Springs. It's about an hour from Fayetteville, and it's very quaint and scenic. Everyone loves to go to Eureka.  There is a chapel there called Thorncrown Chapel (www.thorncrown.com), which is where I'm getting married.  It's really beautiful. There are a lot of really great old buildings in Eureka to have a reception at too.   You might check out The Space, it's seems pretty reasonable to rent for a reception.  
  • edited December 2011
    The Botanical Gardens of the Ozarks and The Stables on the Hill are also both beautiful options!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards