Wedding Etiquette Forum

Do I invite program attendants to the rehearsal dinner?

I have two program attendants for my wedding. Should they be invited to the rehearsal dinner?

Re: Do I invite program attendants to the rehearsal dinner?

• mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Do they need to be at the rehearsal?  I'm guessing no, so the answer is no.  However, if you have it in your budget to invite them and want to, go for it.
  • No, they don't need to come to the rehearsal. Budget is not really the issue, but they won't know anyone else there, other than my parents, and I don't want them to feel awkward. It's going to be a large reheasal (~100) and I won't be able to spend much time with them.
  • annakb8annakb8 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2011
    I don't think you need to invite them, but If your rehearsal dinner is already around 100 people, what's the harm in inviting a few more? Even if you wont have much time to spend with them will they know  each other? Are they invited with a guest to the wedding? Could you allow them to bring that guest to the rehearsal dinner as well?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_invite-program-attendants-rehearsal-dinner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:65525431-613a-4cac-9784-d5083e759a7bPost:51a5707e-75b5-48c7-ba0d-ac0a856539d3">Do I invite program attendants to the rehearsal dinner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have two program attendants for my wedding. Should they be invited to the rehearsal dinner?
    Posted by hlcrews[/QUOTE]

<div>What is a "program attendant?"  It sounds like made up wedding slave work...  I've always just grabbed a program out of a basket.

If they are in your wedding, which is sounds like they are (?) then you should invite them.</div>
  • "What is a "program attendant?"  It sounds like made up wedding slave work...  I've always just grabbed a program out of a basket."

Ha Ha this is my way of including family members in the wedding that my mom wants me to include, but that I didn't want to be bridesmaids, as I feel that role should be those closest to you.

I guess I'll just invite them and a guest, and if they don't feel comfortable coming, they can just RSVP no.
  • Well, I guess I am the odd ball because anyone who is doing anything kind of wedding related "job" on our big day was invited to the rehearsal dinner.  Obviously, they were not all required to be at the actual rehearsal (like our program attendants or guest book attendant/ ceremony favor passer-outer) because they don't have to do anything, but they know that they (and their spouse/bf/gf/so) are invited to the rehearsal dinner.  Another small thanks for being a part of our special day. 

BUT I would say that it is a nice gesture but not a required one.  If it fits in your budget, go for it!
  • em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    I say yes, invite them. Ushers, readers, and other non-WP members are supposed to be invited, so why not these 2?

Or you could just not have program attendants. Tell your mom you think it's unneeded work and say they can be honored as guests, unless you have already asked them or you just really really want to have them. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards