July 2014 Weddings

Antoinette

Hello ladies im new to this I'm getting married July 19, 2014. My colors are fucshia and champagne. I have 5 bridesmaids n i want my 2 maids to wear short dresses n the others to wear long i was also thinking abt letting them pick there own dresses since im getting them made. The groomsmen will b n white tux chanpagne vest n tie. My flower girls IM undecided because i dnt want the pink takeover. I knw i want a buffet but hve yet to find the reception space its abt 175 people thts going to b there. I also want a candy bar i been buying little things n i knw how i want my centerpieces to look. I saw sum jumbo champagne glasses in Michaels n i wanted to put sum floating candles n sum flowers in there. Do anybody have sum ideas please let me knw..... Thanks.....

Re: Antoinette

• First things first: book a reception venue. Your date's not really set until that contract is signed. Don't even worry about bridesmaid dresses or centerpieces until 6-9 months out. The Knot has a pretty good checklist to help you prioritize when various things need to be done. Good luck with planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I dont think you need to worry about any colors taking over anything else as long as you don't use any hot pinks with "non hot" colors. As far as different length dresses I say go for it. That's what I am doing with my bridesmaids and I have 5 girls standing up in my wedding. I would be careful about putting flowers and candles together. I am not saying don't do it I am just saying be careful. I have heard too many stories about little fires happening because the flame from the candle catches part of the flowers. I do agree with LizM61409 and that you need to book a reception hall before worrying about anything else. Some places are more allowing of things than others. Plus once you find a reception venue, you will have a better idea of what you can and cant do for decorations.
  • edited February 2013
    Thanks alot for your help i will b looking for reception venues
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards