Canada-Ontario

Windsor Bridal in Toronto- anyone order their dress from them?

Hey there ladies!

Okay. Found the dream dress that makes me feel like a better me in it:)

Ordered it at Windsor Bridal by Yorkdale in Toronto. But am now reading some scary reviews about them! About alterations taking too long and being too expensive and even worse. about dresses not arriving in time! Eek!

On my contract (when we put the deposit down) it doesn't say when delivery should be expected and when I ordered they told me it should be in on time and just wrote the wedding June 12th date. Should I have asked them to commit to a date? They seemed to act quite vague on the timeline...

Has anyone had great experiences with them? How long did it take you guys to receive your dress?

Just need my nerves calmed a bit by you lovelies.

Re: Windsor Bridal in Toronto- anyone order their dress from them?

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think a friend/acquaintance of mine ordered her dress there... I can ask her about her experience, if you'd like.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011
    Would LOVE and appreciate that so much Ringpop! If you remember to, could you also ask her if she did her alterations with them as well? (did she like her experience, prices, etc).

Can't wait to hear what she says.
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So I checked but it turns out that she actually bought it elsewhere so she wasn't able to give any feedback. Sorry!

FWIW when I ordered my dress (from another store), they did write down the wedding date AND estimated delivery date (month of delivery).

What brand/designer is the dress? If it's a common one, you might be able to find the dress elsewhere, if you're not comfortable.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much anyway for checking for me RIngpop! Much appreciated.

Bummer that I've already ordered the dress before I posted this with Windsor...fingers crossed everything ends up okay. I really should call them about their estimated arrival date.

Thanks again! Happy Holidays!
  • LiLi...123LiLi...123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my mom ordered her dress for my brothers wedding 2 years ago from them.  She felt that they were vary vague and laid back with the date, so when she ordered, she gave them a date 3 weeks before the actual date that the needed it, so that there woul dbe no problems. 

Maybe you could call them and have them change your wedding date??
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know JessS55 got her dress from Windsor - but she's having login problems to the knot as of yesterday.  She ordered in August, not sure if it has arrived yet.  I'll ask and let you know!
  • edited December 2011
    I hated shopping there...so rude.  I bought my dress at Sara Fashions in Brampton....SUPER nice people. WAY better than stupid Windsor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards