Flowers

Help! 6 weeks to go - drove by florist and they're out of business!!

Any recos on a DIY florist who will just ship me flowers? I'm done on dealing with local florists. I bought some super cute vintage containers at the flea market for the centerpieces and just want to tie bunches of daisies with ribbon for the bridesmaids. I can't believe they didn't even call to let me know!!!!

Re: Help! 6 weeks to go - drove by florist and they're out of business!!

• My friend used, and many knotties have recommended, the Costco white rose package, ordered online.
  • Thanks! Bummed that they don't have Black Eyed Susies or daisies tho. The sunflowers seemed the closest option and those would probably be totally out of proportion.
  • Sorry to hear you are stranded like that!

I ordered the 20 piece white rose package from Costco. However, it sounds as though you want something simpler. They do have other options. I just checked and they've changed their floral pages and selections.

Not sure what color you want, but there is this garden collection through Vistaflor, who is actually the company they use (when my wedding package was delivered, it was in a Vistaflor box)

http://flowerboutique.vistaflor.com/Weddings-Events/Garden-Collection

They also have a large selection of flowers you can order in bulk:

http://flowerboutique.vistaflor.com/s.nl/sc.63/category.85948/.f

Costco also has 80 solid color gerbera daisies for $89.99

http://www.costco.com/Solid-Color-Gerbera-Daisy-80-Stems.product.11605217.html

Also, if you have a Costco membership, go to your local Costco and talk to the customer service desk. Ask for the phone number of the local florist who puts together the bouquets for their floral kiosk in the store. I did this and called the florist about a year before the wedding. She told me I could order in bulk from her directly and she'd have the flowers available for pickup at the store. She recommended picking them up 3 days before the wedding. She told me I could order anything in bulk that is on their website, PLUS there were other options if I chose them.

I did this and was very pleased with the flowers, plus I could see them before leaving the store and didn't have to worry about shipping. I got 80 stems of white asiatic lillies, 96 (8 dozen) white vendella roses and 2 large bunches of baby's breath for $173. I didn't make bouquets, corsages or bouts because I ordered the wedding package for that, but used these flowers for my centerpieces. They were lovely.

I see you are in the Detroit area. I used the Costco in Roseville for this bulk ordering and pickup. If you don't have a membership, they are only $50-$60 or so, and it's well worth it.
  • Gemmac86Gemmac86 member
    First Comment
    edited October 2012
    Thanks so much! I'll check it out tomorrow. I guess it's really getting kind of late for a magic bullet online DIY way to fix this. Out of curiosity, where did you take your photos?
  • www.fiftyflowers.com is great, they have a huge selection.

Best wishes!

• Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited October 2012
    Gemmac86: we took our photos at our wedding venue, Greenmead Village in Livonia. It's at the intersection of 8 Mile Rd & Newburgh. It's a Livonia public park, so you can go there any time between sun up and sun down. On our wedding day we were walking around taking pictures before the ceremony in their chapel and saw another bride and groom taking pics, LOL. It's really lovely grounds with old historic buildings. They keep the gardens in pretty good shape from spring through fall, with planted annuals and lots of lovely grasses & trees.

If you click on my wedding site/bio in my siggy below, you can get to our wedding page, and there is a link to photos with our engagement pics (taken in the fall) and wedding pics (August)
  • Sue: Thanks for sharing. Love your card box! Might have to borrow that one. :)  I'm totally thinking about Belle Isle for the photos. I suppose I better hurry up and decide. 
  • I personally thought that Sam's Club had a better selection that Costco.  Check them out also!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards