West Virginia
Options

Wake up West Virginia! Show me your favorite detail!

So this board is pretty much like a ghost town... I thought we should try to get things moving.

So, show me your favorite detail of your wedding so far (dress, venue, flowers, shoes, etc.)

Re: Wake up West Virginia! Show me your favorite detail!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I ordered my shoes last week and I can't wait for them to arrive!
  • Options
    starbritte1starbritte1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello There
    I see what you mean this board is  a ghost town.  I like the shoes - cool color.  My wedding will be red and silver.
  • Options
    criley21criley21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would agree that this board is dead! No one is ever on here and they hardly ever reply to posts! However I would ahve to say my favorite thing about my wedding so far is my dress! I just ordered it last weekend! heres a picture of the back!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Your dress is beautiful - what are your colors, what is your date and where are you getting married?  My colors are red, silver and white and I am getting married December 22, 2012.  I haven't reserved my venue for the ceremony or my reception but I am looking to have it at the Clay center.  Have you attended or heard anyone comment on a wedding held there? 

starbritte1
  • Options
    criley21criley21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!! I love it and I cant wait to wear it lol. Our wedding date is September 22, 2012; we have the same day of the month :-) Our colors are light pink, gray, black, and creams. We are getting married in Morgantown, WV at Lakeview golf resort. I do not know where the Clay center is? Where are you getting married? Also I am so glad to see someone else on this board :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Yes I am glad to see someone else on the board as well.  I am getting married in Charleston and so excited about my big day.  It just seems so far away.  I like your color combinations - pink is my favorite color. I am creating my guest list as we speak.  :-)

• Options
    edited December 2011

I have to agree. I think, so far, my favorite detail is my dress. I already have it! It's a Vera Wang. I'm so in love with it. I'm also making a brooch bouquet. I have all of my brooches, I think. I can't wait to put it together. I'm getting married 9/22/12 at Heston Farm in Fairmont!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello There
    Nice dress - there is alot of detail to your dress.  So what will be your colors?  And will it be an outside ceremony?

P.S. glad your on the board...
    starbritte1
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My colors are chocolate, plum, and copper. Our ceremony and reception are at Heston Farm (a winery) and it's outdoors.

I'm super excited, although it still seems like it's forever away!
  • Options
    criley21criley21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jjones- Thats awesome, Heston FArms is beautiful!! and we have the same date!! We are looking into having my bridal shower at Heston Farms!  I am a little worried about a WVU home game that weekend since I am getting married in Morgantown. However we planned it at Lakeview so we wouldnt have to worry about the traffic. Also your dress is awesome!! What all do you have done so far, I'm interested to hear what venue/professionals you are working with since you are so close to my area.

I'm glad to see more people on this board!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    criley21- I know what you mean. We are a little worried about football as well. We are going to block off rooms at a hotel before next seasons schedule is released, so hopefully we will be ok. I have our photographer, our my engagement pics taken, have my baker (a friend of mine does an awesome job and plans on opening her own bakery), have a lot of my decorations, my sister-in-law to be works for a marketing firm so she is in charge of our STDs and invitations (she's already designed our monogram and our STD), picked out my bridesmaid dresses, purchased brooches for my brooch bouquet, have my day of coordinator, and I'm sure there's probably more but I can't think of it! haha.

Oh yeah, we are doing the rehearsal, ceremony and reception at Heston. I'm so excited. You are right, it is beautiful and such a perfect place for our wedding.

I'm still looking for a DJ and a caterer.

How about you?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    criley21- I knew I'd forget something. My cousin is currently in Divinity school at Vanderbilt, so she is going to officiate our wedding. I'm really excited about that too because we are the same age and grew up together. It's a special touch to our wedding. Plus it will be her first ceremony as well.
  • Options
    criley21criley21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jjones73- In our package we have a block of rooms reserved; our guests just have to book their room a month in advance. I'm just hoping that it happens to not be a home game...fingers crossed! Wow you have a lot done. I've been slowly planning our wedding between graduate school and working at the hospital. We have our photographer and have taken our e-pics. We have our church which is St. Marys, our venue which is Lakeview. Our cake is included in our package we just had to reserve whatever bakery we wanted to do it. we are going with Myers creative cakes; she does the 'fake cakes' layers of styrophoam decorated with 1 layer of realy cake to cut. Then we will serve sheet cake without fondant. I got my dress and I know what style I want for the bm I just havent picked it yet. Fi's best man's famiyl owns a flower shop so they will be doing our flowers. Fi's mother has made all the centerpieces. I have everything to make my favors and table numbers.  I'm working on booking a videographer now. I have no idea what to do for invitations; for std's I plan to use one of our e-pics on a postcard (something simple). A day of cordinator is included in our package at Lakeview. That is awesome that your cousin is officating your wedding; how personal. The priest presiding over our ceremony has known me since I was little; so thats a plus. We are having our rehersal dinner at Oliverios in Morgantown and I'm hoping to have my bridal shower at Heston farms :-) I cant wait, 10 months away :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    criley21- Wow you have a lot done also.

My mother-in-law to be is working for a friend's flower shop and has come up with some ideas. I'll have to see what she's come up with though. =X

The cake idea is a good one. We are doing cupcakes and having ColdStone's mobile cold stone there. Something different and my FI LOVES ice cream. It was his only request for the reception! haha.

We are having a candy bar as well. (everyone will need to see a dentist after our wedding after having all the sweet treats haha) That'll be one of our favors. We also got beer and wine glasses for everyone. We are going to etch them with a monogram. I loved the idea of everyone having their own glass and not using plastic, so I searched for some cheap, but nice glasses. We ordered them from the Dollar Tree. Surprisingly they are super thick and really nice. We also ordered plastic champagne glasses.

• Options
    criley21criley21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The ice cream truck sounds super cute and unique!!! I'm just curious if this was this an expensive rental? Also what a great idea to provide your guests with glass wine/beer glasses. Deff a great way to make your reception more classy!! Can you provide your own alcohol at Heston Farms or do you have to use their wine?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The ice cream wasn't bad at all.

We can bring our own alcohol. We don't have to use theirs. They did tell us that's something that will soon change in their contracts though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My favorite detail so far is the venue.  The place is just gorgeous and I'm totally in love with it, especially since the wedding colors are black, white, and red.

http://www.gatheringsweddings.com/Photos-and-Slide-Show.html
  • Options
    My favorite detail of my wedding would be 

lol Tony the rest is just icing :)
    Crista the DIY Bride Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards