Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

GM Wear whatever they want?!

I am having a dilemma with my GM/FI attire.  My wedding colors were going to be gold/white.  The BMs all picked out different dresses they loved in the pink/nude color scheme from a local boutique (They are not the same style/material but somehow still look good when they are all next to each other) and I want my groomsmen to be able to wear something they like and are comfortable with as well.  However, I don't know how that would look! The GMs are more spread out and harder to get together so I don't know if we'd be able to have a "dress rehearsal" before the actual rehearsal dinner! 

Has any one else let their GM wear a suit that they had/fit well already? If so did you specifiy suit color or just tie/shirt color?  Also, would it be rude to ask them to take a picture of them in the suit to make sure it fits nicely/looks nice? 

THANKS! 

Re: GM Wear whatever they want?!

• Options
    We did what MilkDuds said and they all looked great.  All of my BM wore different style dresses but in the same color and fabric.

Since all of your BM are wearing different dresses and colors it may look nice to have your GM wear whatever suit they already own.  Have your FI talk to his GM and see what color suits they already own.  If they own black and grey suits then split the colors but if they all own black and one guys owns a grey (unless it's your FI) then you might want them all to wear black so one guy doesn't stick out more than the others. 
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I personally like the uniform look of the guys.  If everyone has different color suits, I feel like it looks like regular guests standing by you, and not the bridal party.  I do like the idea of girls in the same color but different styles.  I feel you should differentiate your bridal party from everyone else.  Just my opinion.  :)
  • Options
    We asked our groomsmen to wear a black suit (they both already owned one), and white shirt, then we got them matching blue ties.    It looked really nice.   

DSC_9275
  • Options
    At my sister's wedding, she asked all of the guys what color suits they already had and coordinated from there. I think they ended up all in black, and she asked them to wear white shirts and red ties. It turned out looking fine! I would definitely give them direction though, don't just let them wear whatever. That could end up messy. 
  • Options
    My BMs are all wearing grey dresses, any shade any fabric (just knee length or longer).  We'll have the GM wear grey pants (again, any chade/fabric) and a white button/collar.  We'll provide a tie in our color :)  We are having a very casual and fun wedding in Las Vegas.

http://frankenstiensgirl.weebly.com
    Photobucket
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Save The Dates
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards