Maine

HELP winter wedding wanted

We are avid ski people and would love to have a "lodgy" winter ski wedding. Any suggestions?

Re: HELP winter wedding wanted

• Sugarloaf can do beautiful winter weddings. We had our summer wedding up there because it's still beautiful in the summer, but I've seen a lot of winter pictures and they are really beautiful as well. Plus you can ski while you're there. :)
  • jq104jq104 member
    First Comment
    My friends got married at Saddleback after pricing Sunday River and Sugarloaf.  Saddleback was considerably less expensive and included free lift tickets!
  • HE&MEHE&ME member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    This is a smaller scale, but look into Camden Snow Bowl.  They have a lodge you can rent and it's pretty inexpensive compared to other resort type places.  There is also The Balsams in Dixville Notch, which could be something fun and different too. Let us know what you decide and good luck!
  • We rented out Skiesta up at Sunday River.  I'm not sure how many people you are planning on, but it would be a stunning location for a winter wedding.
    Married 9.4.11
  • Sugarloaf or Sunday River, We had a summer golf wedding at Sugarloaf and everything I asked for I recieved, they let us get married on the 10th tee!  They have packages on their website but I would contact the wedding coordinator directly, we did an appetizer late afternoon reception, we had plenty of food and it was very affordable!  And of course our guests were able to stay at the hotel for a small discounted rate.
  • Ski weddings are so much fun! I found a blog of a wedding at Granby Ranch near Winter Park, CO. The scenery was incredible, and the Bride snowboarded down!

Here are the winter ski wedding pictures: http://www.allisoneasterlingphotography.com/index2.php#/rgallery2/1/ (scroll down to the winter images at the ski mountain)

Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards