Vermont

Just got engaged!!...where reception?????

I am so happy to say I am going to soon be Mrs. Gilman! We got engaged Saturday! But I am feeling i am sure the same things most new brides feel........where do i start!!!??? Where the heck does anybody suggest the reception be? Housing probably 250-300 people, I want inside, elegant. The wedding will be Auguest 2012.

Re: Just got engaged!!...where reception?????

• edited December 2011
    Congratulations!  I'm so happy for you.

The Knot has a lot of great resources for new brides to be in terms of where to start.  For reception venue, what part of the state would you like to stay in?  300 is a lot... I don't off hand know of any veneus that large.  I know that Shelburn Farms' Coach Inn has space for 200, and it is soooo gorgeous.

Good luck!  I would get started on booking whatever venue you choose soon, since the popular spots are often booked a whole year in advance.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • AZPK0809AZPK0809 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thank You so much! My Fiance said the same thing about looking into there. We thought maybe 300, but are willing to down size to get into places we want. You know its so easy to get carried away and start inviting the whole town. I will look into Shelburn this evening.

Thanks so much and I'm sure I will be having all kinds of questions coming up!!

• edited December 2011
    Shelburne farms is booked...we thought the same thing.
  • edited December 2011
    Try the Woodstock Inn ...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards