Flowers

Flower Help

Hello Everyone!

I am beginning to look for flowers for my bridal boquet and my bridesmaids.  I know I want peonies for my own, and roses/peonies for the girls.  I have not yet selected a florist, so I was looking for some advice! I live right outside of Philadelphia, in the Jenkintown area.  Can anyone recommend a florist, a look, etc? I'm looking for a very clean and simple look.  The gorls are wearing black andI don't really have a color theme! I sppreciate any input! Thank you!

Re: Flower Help

• I would post this on your local board because they will be able to help you with a list of florists.

As for your flowers, I know you want peonies BUT depending on when your wedding is they may not be in season so I will tell you to keep an open mind when talking with a florist and listen to their ideas and suggestions because they are the professionals and know what will work best for you.

• I loved my silk peony bouquet.  It was inexpensive compared to fresh and I didn't have to worry about keeping them fresh, etc.  I also got them a week before the wedding.  My bridesmaids got to keep theirs as a keepsake and I gave mine to my mother-in-law which we absolutely loved!  
    Perfect Peony Bouquet
  • ITA with Maggie above, peonies are difficult due to their growing season. I have a couple of peony bushes and they bloom for about 2 weeks, sometimes in May, sometimes June or July, it all depends on the winter & spring weather. The ability to get these should be discussed with your florist, but keep an open mind. Some florists may be able to get them at "out of season" times, but they are very expensive.

For a clean look, we had all white flowers for my BM and myself. The BM wore black. I got my bouquets/bouts/corsages from Costco online, a 20 piece white wedding rose package for $399. Looked fabulous when they arrived 3 days before the wedding, I followed the care instructions and they still looked great a week after the wedding.
  • Thank you all so much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards