Gothic Weddings
Options

Zombie themed

Hi everyone, 
 I am new to the knot and i have never had to plan a wedding before. But here i am planning my own wedding all by myself. I would love to do a zombie theme! Kevin and i are huge horror buffs and zombie nerds HA! So zombies just seem to fit perfect. I want a unique but beautiful dress.. with some added..uh darkness or gore :) I don't want a white dress at all! My theme color ideas are Black and Red, Black and Purple, or Black and White. My Wedding day is 300 and some days away and i am starting to stress. HELP! I don't even know where to start looking for my "Unique" idea. Also my budget is not very high. Do any of you know anyone who has a similer idea that could help me? Or any tips? Like i said i'm new at this and all the ideas and decisions are on me.

Re: Zombie themed

• Options
    I'd head over to the Offbeat board if I were you, this one isn't very active, I'm afraid.  I wish it was.
    There are plenty of cool dresses out there that aren't necessarily "bridal".  You can find a beautiful dress in any color you want at pretty much any department store-don't limit yourself to bridal shops. 
    I googled "gothic bridal gown" and got some cool sites (example below):
    http://www.weddingdressfantasy.com/Gothic_Wedding_Dress_s/122.htm

Try Etsy as well, I saw some hits for that site in my search.  Good luck!
  • Options
    Awesome theme! I can't wait to see pics. We are big horror fans as well. Our theme is more gothic victorian. Good luck and I am sure I will see you on the boards!
  • Options
    There are some really cool dresses on here for reasonable prices that might just suit what you are looking for. 

There are a lot of lolita styles on here, but lots of beautiful ones definitely. I just found this today too, so I guess you are in luck aha! Hopefully you can find something you like! Or you can always try Etsy.com and talk to different artists about working with you to come up with a dress design within your price range. :)

Have you looked on Offbeatbride.com for more inspiration? It is a pretty good site, lots of good ideas on there too. 

My fiancee and I were considering a zombie wedding but figured his parents and family wouldn't have much fun at something like that so we decided to go a different way and still make it completely unique for us. 

Have fun though, your wedding will be great!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Visit The Knot! , Visit The Knot! , Visit The Knot! , Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    Hey! Me and my fiance' are going with a zombie themed wedding as well. I am not going with a formal dress because we are having everyone dress in costumes. I have found that the hell bunny brand has A LOT of cute dresses. I've chosen to go with the "iron fist american night mare" purple heels because our colors are black purple and orange. they also have a lot of cute zombie themed shoes that im definately gonna look into just for fun as well. depending on how far you are wanting to take it you might be able to find some that fit your taste. Hope this helped. and obviously, awesome theme! :)
  • Options
    I assure you OffBeatBride.com probably has zombie themed wedding pictures! And I hope someone who does this theme somehow gets David Tutera to put you on My Fair Wedding. It would be priceless to watch him squirm.  As for helpful ideas: maybe it would help you get the ball rolling if you had something that tied it all together. Zombies in general is still a big theme and you might have an easier time if you focused in on something for the decor or wedding party dress. Such as old school zombies (night of the living dead), victorian or vintage dressed zombies or something like that. What was going on when the dead started walking..a normal wedding gone to the zombies perhaps? Or did the zombies plan the wedding. hope this helps you find some direction. :)
    Visit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards