Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

candy bar jars, vases, scopper thingers

Hey, y'all. I am getting really close to my wedding (94 days!! eek), and time goes significantly faster than anticipated. Anyway, my fi and I are looking for cheap vases and whatnot to use for our candy bar at the reception, and would like to know anywhere that we could get them, or if anyone sold them. I have looked at recycledbride.com and other sites, but some people are leery on shipping the glass. Any advice would be appreciated! 
Thanks

Re: candy bar jars, vases, scopper thingers

• Look at your local Good Will, Marshalls or TJ Max. I don't know if anyone selling theirs, but also if you garge sales go to them you would be amazed what you find at them! I know somone posted a few weeks ago about candle buffet stuff!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Check HomeGoods too, if you have one near you. They are owned by the same company as Marshall's, TJ Maxx, etc. Great prices, great stuff!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • you could also look at a craft store like Michaels, they always have coupons so if you go and save say 20% on one item you could have your FI go once with a coup then you go and send your BMs or even just go yourself on different days. they sometimes have a %off total purchase too. check their website! they have many different glassware options for this type of stuff.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We've gotten a ton at GoodWill/Red White Blue stores and yard sales.  I got some cute heart bowls at the Dollar Store (yes, really!) and Michaels had a big one on clearance recently.  Hobby Lobby has 50% glasswares a lot.  I haven't bought any scoops yet (and all I can find at craft stores are tiny ones) but I did see some plastic ones in the dollar spot at Target today in different colors that are tempting!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I have a bunch of 10 inch fish bowl vases I'm trying to sell!

ETA: I also have a bunch of clear bags we didn't use from our cookie table I can give you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh wow! Thanks, everyone! I wish I had a homegoods around here. I loved it when I lived in FL. I was going to try Goodwill and the dollarstore since I will probably never use them again. PantherRN, where are you at, and how much would you like for them? 
    I love this forum thing. You all have helped me a lot :)
  • If you're in Pittsburgh, Jenny, there's a HomeGoods in Robinson Town Centre.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • thank you all!! i may have to make a trip down to robinson to go to homegoods ;)
  • I got what i needed! thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards