California-San Diego

Dress Shops

Hi Everyone!
I am still on the search for my perfect dress... I know I want a lace dress and have looked at David's Bridal and Prevue in San Diego. But I want to look at some other places I just feel since David's and Prevue are such well known companies they have slightly higher prices than if I were to go look at somewhere a little less well known. I was curious if there is anyone in the San Diego area that knows any other good places to go dress looking? I am just trying to search ALL my options. I fell in love with a dress but it was out of my prce range so now I am in search other places for a similar one for cheaper. Thank you so much I appreciate it!

Re: Dress Shops

• Bridal & Tuxedo Galleria has a ton of dresses at many different price ranges. You might want to try there!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So, I know that they're pricey, but I've been telling everyone that you MUST go to Isis Bridal. Even if it's outside of your price range, of everywhere I went, no one was more intuitive about style, fit and modifications that they were. Isis was my second stop, and everywhere else was SO much easier afterwards. I really had a better eye for what I wanted in a dress.
  • I got my dress at Aria, at first glance it doesn't look like much but the girls are extremely helpful and I found a ton of great dresses!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-san-diego_dress-shops-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:64Discussion:c7aaee2e-3b12-4b68-9a7f-f0f351e8ddfbPost:c0185ba4-120d-4eb0-b7df-830c7b78a8cd">Re: Dress Shops</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, I know that they're pricey, but I've been telling everyone that you MUST go to Isis Bridal. Even if it's outside of your price range, of everywhere I went, no one was more intuitive about style, fit and modifications that they were. Isis was my second stop, and everywhere else was SO much easier afterwards. I really had a better eye for what I wanted in a dress.
    Posted by ebamignone[/QUOTE]

I bought my dress at Isis! They really are the best place ever. Did you get your dress there?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This weekend is the Brides Against Breast Cancer gown sale at Hotel Solamar. They have heavily discounted new (and used) dresses from major designers. The gown prices range from $99 - $799. And then of course they have the super high end dresses too but most of them are in that lower price range. And your $ goes towards a good cause. :) 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-san-diego_dress-shops-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:64Discussion:c7aaee2e-3b12-4b68-9a7f-f0f351e8ddfbPost:ac10edc2-5129-4e88-9975-50eea4a3df2e">Re: Dress Shops</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dress Shops : I bought my dress at Isis! They really are the best place ever. Did you get your dress there?
    Posted by kay136[/QUOTE]
     I did :) and the crazy thing was, my dress was just *ok* at first. and I wasn't sold on it (empire waistline and i have the figure that looks pregnant in that). Kaintlin pops out with "what if we double the belt? and it completely transfored the dress. I'm in aw of how she can just "see" what's going to work and mark suggestions. I couldn't be happier with her, and Chelsea has just been the cherry on the sundae!!
  • They really are amazing there!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Isis Bridal, got it, I've been wondering where to go too :)

I also saw on Yelp that The White Flower was pretty good too, has anyone ever been there?

Question:  I'm not small.  Exactly how big is "too big" to try on sample dress sizes? :/
  • White Flower is amazing too. I actually never made it there beacuse my appointment was 2 days after I found the one at Isis. I think their dresses start at $2,500.

I'm really not sure about your other question but I could see how this could be stressful. I would call the store and get an idea of what sizes they carry- though bridal sizes do tend to be smaller than street sizes. I'm not sure what size you would need but I know some places like Bridal and Tuxedo Galleria have plus sizes. Good luck with the hunt!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 2000 Dreams off of Convoy has a good selection and cheap prices (under $1500). They're having a Black Friday sale next week!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-san-diego_dress-shops-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:64Discussion:c7aaee2e-3b12-4b68-9a7f-f0f351e8ddfbPost:7a4aeac0-69e7-4b60-9de3-1ad9ed4be06f">Re: Dress Shops</a>:
    [QUOTE]White Flower is amazing too. I actually never made it there beacuse my appointment was 2 days after I found the one at Isis. I think their dresses start at $2,500. I'm really not sure about your other question but I could see how this could be stressful. I would call the store and get an idea of what sizes they carry- though bridal sizes do tend to be smaller than street sizes. I'm not sure what size you would need but I know some places like Bridal and Tuxedo Galleria have plus sizes. Good luck with the hunt!
    Posted by kay136[/QUOTE]

Thanks Kay :) I guess I'll just press on with my diet then! ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards