New Hampshire

Brass Heart Inn

Just a warning to people touring this venue.
So positives, it is a perfect barn/rustic venue.  The barn for the reception is awesome, the grounds are beautiful, the inn is cute, some rooms have bathrooms, others dont. There are some great cottages to rent, that if they were clean, Im sure would have been a bonus.

Big negative!
The owner/chef/runner of your wedding day is an alcoholic, admittedly.  He told me he was repeatedly as he toured me, while drinking a rum and coke at noon, that I could smell the alcohol off of 3 feet away.  He also told me he was separated from his wife, and how he joins in the celebration at the wedding after he finishes cooking your food.  He also told me he walked into the girls bathroom and the womens husband was mad at him, but "she wasnt much to look at anyway".  He said he did a headstand on some guest head and went out on multiple keg runs.  That is just a sampling of my tour that he took me on.  And I honestly have a good sense of humor, if he just liked to party and enjoy the celebration, I am all for it, but it was way too much, and it is obvious that he is having a lot of troubles right now.

So disappointed, it would have been the absolute perfect venue, if the owner wasnt a complete wreck. I read some awesome reviews, but realized they were all over a year old...

Re: Brass Heart Inn

• Whoa! I don't even know what to say to that! How unprofessional. I'm sure this happened for a reason, you'll find something better!
  • Wow, so glad my daughter didn't go there!  Have you tried the Indian Head resort in Lincoln, NH?  It is in a very pretty setting and seems to be reasonably priced.  If you have your wedding in the off season they waive the $1000 room rental fee and drop the buffet price by $10 a person.  They also give you the room for 6 hours!  Good Luck!
  • Wow, so glad my daughter didn't go there!  Have you tried the Indian Head resort in Lincoln, NH?  It is in a very pretty setting and seems to be reasonably priced.  If you have your wedding in the off season they waive the $1000 room rental fee and drop the buffet price by $10 a person.  They also give you the room for 6 hours!  Good Luck!
  • I toured there as well and like you said, if the cottages were clean I may have been on board. I agree that something seemed off. 

I toured many locations and ended up booking with Inn on Newfound Lake. Gorgeous renovated barn (with nice bathrooms!) and beautiful landscaping that isn't really showcased as much as it should be on the website. Just thought I'd share in case you were still looking for a barn location! I love the barn look! 
  • We toured this place a little over a year ago when he was still with his wife.  He was a little crazy back then, but not this bad.  We actually found out he is from just down the street from where we are currently living in Springfield, MA.  We considered the place, but in the end, we wanted something a little less rustic.  We ended up at The Wentworth Inn in Jackson NH.  It was perfect, but a little on the pricy side, however, its all inclusive pricing.  So, you know exactly what you will spend and it was cheaper than any other place we looked at in North Conway when we compared what the packages included compared to what they did or did not include at other places in the area.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards