South Carolina-Charleston

HELP:: GETTING READY!

Hi! I am not from the Charleston area, I am getting married in Mt. Pleasant and our reception will take place on Shem Creek. The church we are using will only allow you to be there 2 hours before the wedding. Does anyone know of any hotels in the area with suite style rooms to allow multiple people to get ready? or Does anyone ahve any other suggestions for places to get ready?
THANKS!

Re: HELP:: GETTING READY!

• katydid2014katydid2014 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We stayed in a great place the night before the wedding (and then as husband and wife the wedding night), it is called the Joseph Aiken Carriage House.  http://charlottestcarriagehouse.com/
    We stayed in suite D and it was perfect for a group to get ready.  It has a large bedroom and full bathroom with an extra half bath in the hall.  Full kitchen and open living room area.  We moved some of the furniture around and brought some extra folding chairs to have room for more people to hang out, but it was perfect.  It is also a little removed from the historic district and it is in a residential area so you can park on the street (they also have a driveway for up to 2 guests' cars to park).
    The guy who runs the place is super nice and easy to work with.  I really could not have been happier with the choice.  And the best thing of all was we got married on April 10, so the gardens on the property were BEAUTIFUL and we actually took all of our pre-wedding pictures in the garden with family and a first-look. 
    Another great thing is the price...you will not find this much space in a hotel room in downtown anywhere near the prices of this carriage house.  Good luck and I hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards