Louisiana-New Orleans

Budget Friendly Florist?

Hi there! I am having a small wedding at Our Lady of Guadalupe followed by a dinner 'reception' at Arnaud's. I am only having about 20 guests.

For flowers, I only need:
my bouquet
maid of honor bouquet
4 Boutonnières
2 Corsages
altar arrangements
and a few small dinner centerpieces

I have choosen relativly inexpensive flowers (hydrangeas, roses) but I am still getting quotes for $980. Does this sound correct? I know flowers are a big part of the budget, but I can't justify spending almost $1000 for 20 guests-- that's $50 a person for flowers! Am I being unreasonable?

I have only gotten quotes from 2 florists (am I allowed to name the florists?)-- does anyone have any budget-friendly florist suggestions?

Thanks so much!!!
Lauren

Re: Budget Friendly Florist?

• arhatcharhatch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Lenora Floral in Lafitte.  Her work is good. I'm paying 800 for 2 altar sprays, 9 bouquets, 10 bouts, 2 pomanders etc.  We are using roses, hydrangea & tulips. I'd give her a call. I don't see 800 for what you need.  She was the least expensive of the florists I saw and she's done weddings I've been to before.

I should mention that her books need to be updated!  She only had a few new pics but she did my cousin and a friend's wedding and the flowers were really pretty.
  • edited December 2011
    Hey friend!  Sent you an email to work with some recs.  Let's do dinner soon- hope you had fun in VA!!
  • edited December 2011
    wow!!! $800 for all of that??? That's amazing!!! Does that include delivery/set-up?? Thanks for the suggestion!! I will definitely be giving her a call...could you provide a web address or phone number? I'm having a hard time locating a contact number. Thanks so much!!!

• arhatcharhatch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep, that's for set-up and delivery too.  I was pretty excited as I'm not all that big on flowers.  We are paying 800 for her and were quoted 2200 & 2800 for the same thing from 2 other florists, and I just couldn't see spending that much.  We are also having rose "crowns" for the flower girls.  Roses for the presentation to the Blessed Mother.  Roses for the moms.  Also, about 5 corsages.

(504) 689-2210 is her number.  3887 Privateer Blvd. Barataria LA 70036.  She doesn't have a website.  I just called and made an appt.  I brought pictures to show her what I wanted.  She kept the pictures and that was that.
  • becker.amandabecker.amanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Erin Steen - she was one of my favorite vendors. For a TON of flowers we paid $1500 total (19 centerpieces, 2 pedestal arrangements for ceremony, bouquets, boutinnieres, corsages, etc).

Here is her info:
    Erin Steen
    esteen123@yahoo.com
    (h)504-656-2007
    (c)985-969-4516
  • edited December 2011
    Try Ken Marino with Fabulous Flowers. I had mostly roses, but had 4 BM bouquets, my bouquet, a huge buffet piece, and all the bouts and corsages plus my gazebo decorated for right at $1000. I can't say enough great things about him!
  • edited December 2011
    If you really want to go with budget friendly, have you considered ordering your flowers from Costco? Tey have all sorts of deals and packages. if you go tot heir web site search "weddings" and it should pop up. I think  BJs and Same club also have bulk flowers.

For example, the $400 White Rose Collection includes: 
    • 1 Bridal bouquet
    • 2 Brides Maid bouquets
    • 1 Toss Away bouquet
    • 6 Corsages
    • 6 Attendant boutonnieres
    • 3 Centerpieces  (vases not included)
    • 1 Rose Petal bud  
  • edited December 2011
    I know this is late, but I went with Claire at Blumen Lendle out of Luling.985-785-7100. http://www.blumenlendlefloral.com

She did an amazing job for my sister in laws wedding in June of 08'. She was also the cheapest around! Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards