Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Veil

I am wondering where to buy my veil. I bought my wedding dress in September at Pearl's Place in Metairie and really do not plan on going back there : /  I was not completely pleased with their service, but loved the dress. I know several places sell veils, but I bought an ivory dress and do not want to just go in some store and buy one and it not match. I didn't know if it would be strange to bring my dress somewhere and match one and try it on to make sure it looks good with the dress lol.

If anyone has had a similar situation, please let me know how you went about buying a veil. Thanks!!

Re: Veil

• edited December 2011
    The veil shouldn't be terribly hard to match. It's sheer, so it doesn't need to be exactly the same shade of ivory.

That said, I think the easiest thing to do would be to wait until you have your dress fitting and have your seamstress-person give you a swatch of your dress material to take shopping with you. Are you going to have it hemmed or anything? You should be able to get a decent-sized swatch.

It doesn't seem very practical to drag your dress around with you.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I completely agree that it isn't practical. I am probably using the same person who altered my sister's dress. It is a lady that does it out of her house and she lives in Briarwood (I think). Pearl's does free alterations, but after purchasing my dress, I hear HORROR stories and do not want to take any chances. I am unsure if my dress will need to be hemmed or not because I am about 5'8" ish and when I tried on the dress at the store, it was a good length, if I wear any type of heel. If I wear a flat then some will probably need to be taken off.

When I was shopping for dresses, I did not really look at veils, so I wasn't sure what to expect with matching (or rather not matching) the color. Thanks for helping :)
  • edited December 2011
    I honestly went to etsy for my veil.  I am getting a veil made which is inspired by a  $900.00 veil I tried on in the stores... The seller sent me samples. I haven't received my veil yet (only the samples) but she has been a dream to work with.
  • edited December 2011

Oh, that is a good option too. I only tried on one veil though at David's Bridal so that is why I am unsure. I have a strapless dress, so I guess any veil will really work. I think i want an elbow-length one.

• edited December 2011
    I am borrowing my veil, but I have had FANTASTIC experiences with etsy sellers for other things. They are so personal! You'd get a one-of-a-kind. Cool
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    my etsy seller is theturnbulls and i think she's in california. i will post a picture of it as soon as i receive it (in a month or two since i am indecisive and cannot decide what type of design i want lol!!)
  • edited December 2011

Thanks girls! I am actually a frequent visitor of the etsy website! I am thinking about getting my bridal jewelry and bridesmaid jewelry from there because it is such a great price and different designs.

• edited December 2011
    @future: cool! i actually got my bridesmaids jewelry from a place in the cortana mall.... here are the sets, they were like $10.!!
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_5U2eOclE4wM/S3teHUg3XBI/AAAAAAAABDY/7kZmyasJrCU/s1600-h/GIFTS.jpg

I also got my bm's pashminas from ebay and a compact from ebay (chandeliers are my theme). I think I'll get them a clutch as well but we'll see...
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my ivory fingertip 2 tier viel from ebay for $15.  It looks just like the $120 veil I tried on in the store.  I'll have to find the name of the person I bought it from if you are interested.
  • edited December 2011
    crebre - Which store in Cortana did you get them from? Did they have other colors?

Atolar - Yes, I would like to know which seller you got your veil from. Did you receive it yet. If so, was it everything you expected?
  • ceruiz9ceruiz9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

crebre: what store did you by your bridesmaids jewelry at?

• edited December 2011
    Here is a picture of the veil when I got it. You can't see it in the picture but it has rhinestones glued to it.  I can't get to ebay at work, but my mom is going to email me the vendor and I will post it as soon as she sends it to me.  The veil doesn't look like it cost $15 at all.  I also got free shipping and it arrived within a few days of ordering.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards