Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

How well does your ring fit?

I'm kinda frustrated with how my ring fits. FI had it sized when we first got it and then I had to bring it back to have it sized smaller even after they had measured me. Most of the time it spins around my finger still though and gets in the way because it's always turning. I'm afraid to have it sized any smaller because I do like to take it off somewhat easily to clean it or if I'm doing something messy but right now it keeps stabbing me. I do have larger knuckles so even though it's lose when it's on, it doesn't fall off.

Just wondering if it's just me...how do you like your ring to fit?

Re: How well does your ring fit?

• Our jeweler said it should be difficult to get on and off over the knuckle and if it was, that was the right fit.  Mine doesn't spin, but does have the Euro style where it's square in the back, so that it helps prevent the spinning.
    Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • Could you go to the jeweler and get a sizer/spacer? I had to do that because I have lost over 10 pounds recently and wanted a quick fix before I send it in to get resized. Now that I have the spacer, the spinning has stopped!
    Halloween
  • Mine's never fallen off but it spins if I'm moving my hand around sometimes. It usually happens when my hands are cold. Mine is probably a half size too big. It works just fine but I might get it resized when I get my wedding band(s) (I'm thinking of doing two small bands on each side because of how my ring is.. it's been impossible to find something that looks good because it's curved so it leaves a gap on one side. If there's a gap on each side, it will look more uniform and not bug me as much, haha).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • My fiance went to a local goldsmith who used to buy diamonds for the larger jewelry stores but has since broken away from that and has his own little shop where we live. He designed my ring and when we went in after we were engaged the size 8 was too big but the 7 1/2 was a little tight. He was fabulous enough to make it a "7 1/2 +" so that it fits perfectly now and doesn't turn on me.
  • MrsBassPlayaMrsBassPlaya member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I don't love how my ring fits, especially in the cold.  I had it sized down after FI got it for me.  It's a 5 1/2 right now, and it goes over my knuckle pretty perfect, but my finger apparently is considerably smaller than my knuckle.  I know it's not going to fall off,  I couldn't even get the 5 ring sizer over my knuckle at all, so I can't size it down anymore.  But it spins pretty much all the time.  In fact, I've developed a nervous habit that I'm constantly spinning it around my finger.

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

• Thanks everyone!

Mrs Bass Playa - that's EXACTLY what I'm feeling! Mine is around a 5 1/2 (maybe even a 5 1/4) but there was NO way I was going to get the next size down over my knuckle, I also find that on days that I drink a lot of water, it spins more. So cold & being hydrated makes it worse. And I'm cold practically all the time.

I have tried those sizer things and they bug me worse than the spinning.
  • My e-ring and wedding band used to spin - in opposite directions.  Drove me nuts and I was worried about the prongs on the wedding band wearing away from rubbing on my e-ring and losing the stones.  When I got them soldered, they fit much more snugly.  Are you planning to do that at all?  
  • Mine spin. It does depend on the temperature. I am a cheap wad, so I've just learned to deal with it. My wedding band kind of fits around the other ring and helps keep it in place, and I guess I've developed a habit of always touching the underside to adjust it. It works, I guess.
    Photobucket
  • MrsBassPlaya, I've also developed the habit of spinning my e-ring around my finger, or back and forth! I wonder when that'll go away?
  • Mine do exactly what your talking about.  I have bigger knuckles so if I were to go one size down I know it won't slip over the knuckle at all.  It spins all the time.  Always when I'm cold.  When I'm hot my hand swells up so it fits perfectly then.  I have been told that once you get the band and engagement ring sautered together it might fit better...so if your doing that I would hold off. Guess we are not the only ones.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards