Christian Weddings

weekend plans?

Anything fun going on?

I need to clean the apartment today before we go to a Halloween party tonight.

Tomorrow: run, church then working at my PT job

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
Follow Me on Pinterest
Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011

Re: weekend plans?

• faith415faith415 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI came up since his school has a long weekend!
    Today we're planning on going to a pumpkin patch and decorating pumpkins! Tomorrow we're going out somewhere to celebrate our one year engagment anniversary. Other than church we don't really have anything else planned.
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Just working and doing homework today and church this evening.  Church again tomorrow and more homework.  I am boring!  Lol
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• edited December 2011
    FI is going to be the "pumpkin burgler" tonight for my youth group. He's going to kidnap me and the kids are going to scour the city following clues. It should be a good time! 

And then on Sunday I'm going to nap... like all day :)
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • Purple&7Purple&7 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Today: watching the football game and homework

Sunday: Church, lunch with a friend, and then finishing up homework

* I should be doing homework now, but TK is distracting me!
  • azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We spent yesterday butchering the elk that Papa killed, so we're resting now. I'll probably catch up on housework this afternoon, and I need to go buy stuff to put in our Operation Christmas Child boxes.
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's really snowing here and we should be staying put but we went out this morning to look at sheds.  It took about an hour to get there and was so cold and windy with heavy snow.  I can't believe this weather for October!  Anyway, we think we found a shed and hopefully we'll get it by late November.

We also met with a contractor this morning who is doing a sunroom on the back of our house.  Hopefully he'll start the work this week.  DH wants cats badly and I don't so we compromised that once the sunroom is built, we'll get them.  (I want a place that is enclosed for the cats to be while we aren't here.)

The rest of this weekend - cleaning, laundry, church and rest!!
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tomorrow: PT time job and HW. :(

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • BMcLeodTeamBMcLeodTeam member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Today we were supposed to go with another couple to a haunted house in the city, its canned goods to get in and usually really well done, but I'm feeling really ill tonight so instead we're on the couch, I have my laptop and FI and I are watching Hockey Night in Canada.

Tomorrow we have church, I have a meeting with our church elders after (we are in the process of membership at our current church), a class at our church aftre that, and then I have the rest of the day off, FI has some business stuff/meetings he has to do.
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Today is H's birthday!  We had breakfast with my parents this morning at their house and hung out with them for a couple hours.  He is at work tonight.  He has to work tomorrow too so I'm just hanging out.
  • SoonToBeGenaoSoonToBeGenao member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lisa I know what you mean! We had icy sleet pouring down like crazy for a good part of the day and I woke up to a few inches of snow this morning. After work yesterday I made a pot of homemade crab and corn chowder soup (which if I do say so myself came out awesome) and DH and I got in our PJs and relaxed with a glass of wine, soup and biscuits.

Today I'm working- going to go home and make dinner, and my plan is to pull out ALL my clothes from the closet/drawers... identify what I need to keep/donate and iron and replace them in order (like put the summer clothes away now that it is definitely autumn/winter).

and PS I've decided to start up a Tastefully Simple business to earn some extra cash to help DH and I save a little faster. I can't wait to get it up and running- but once I do I'll give you girls my website if you wanna order anything :) Their products are awesome.
    There's only 1 way 2 say those 3 words and that's what I'll do... I love you Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_weekend-plans-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:c29b33ec-a416-4b81-8303-b22221f6a560Post:9bf470f7-8df8-4785-9ce5-cf2208e86500">Re: weekend plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lisa I know what you mean! We had icy sleet pouring down like crazy for a good part of the day and I woke up to a few inches of snow this morning. After work yesterday <strong>I made a pot of homemade crab and corn chowder soup (which if I do say so myself came out awesome)</strong> and DH and I got in our PJs and relaxed with a glass of wine, soup and biscuits. Today I'm working- going to go home and make dinner, and my plan is to pull out ALL my clothes from the closet/drawers... identify what I need to keep/donate and iron and replace them in order (like put the summer clothes away now that it is definitely autumn/winter). and PS I've decided to start up a Tastefully Simple business to earn some extra cash to help DH and I save a little faster. I can't wait to get it up and running- but once I do I'll give you girls my website if you wanna order anything :) Their products are awesome.
    Posted by SoonToBeGenao[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Do you mind sharing the recipe?? sounds good

</div>

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • SoonToBeGenaoSoonToBeGenao member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lol you girls have to understand that when I cook... I kinda just make stuff up as I go along but I can try to describe my "recipe" to the best of my ability if you want it lol
    There's only 1 way 2 say those 3 words and that's what I'll do... I love you Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    So the weekend's over, but...

Friday I taught dance after work

Saturday H and I had a grad class and went to dinner and a movie with our friends

Sunday was Bible Study and church and then I got coffee with a friend while H went to the Steeler game (we beat the Patriots- yay!)

What I really want to discuss though is the movie we saw- Courageous. Have you ladies seen it? If you haven't, I highly recommend it. I cried... a lot... but it was really inspiring and a great story. It also makes me SO happy that a movie that shows who Jesus is made it to theaters and is being shown to all kinds of people. We need more movies like this in our theaters instead of some of the vulgar ones that have become so common. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards