Ohio-Columbus
Options

Flower Girl

I was wanting to include my younger sister in my wedding, but I already have 5 bridesmaids. She is 11 years old (will be 12 almost 13 at the time of the wedding) is that too old to be a flower girl? We don't really have a young ring bearer either. If we have my little sister as the flower girl, my fiances cousin (who is the same age) might be a candidate for the ring bearer postition. Is 12 too old?

Re: Flower Girl

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Unfortuneatly 12 is too old for a flower girl.... a junior bridesmaid is more appropriate. Honestly she probably would rather being a junior bridesmaid than a flower girl.

Flower girls are usually aged 3-8
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Myroni.  I'd make her a jr. bridesmaid or a just a regular bridesmaid.  You don't have to have the same number of groomsmen and bridesmaids nowadays.  I've been in several uneven weddings and my wedding will have 7 BM and 6 GM.
  • Options
    BCsGalBCsGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think being almost 13 would be a perfect age for a junior bridesmaid.  My FI has a younger brother that is 11, and we are having him be a ring bearer, but we don't have a flower girl.  I think 11 is close to being too old for a ring bearer, but we really want to include him since the rest of our siblings are in the wedding party, and I think it will be just fine. 
    Christina & Brandon - August 7, 2010 Anniversary
    My Planning Bio | My Married Bio | FOR SALE!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is too old for a FG. I agree with pp's, make her a jr bm or just a BM. Don't worry about the BP being uneven. You can find creative ways to work that out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards