Nebraska

Vendor Review: 4-2-2011

Venue: Thompson Alumni Center at UNO

A+  Absolutely amazing!  The facility was absolutely beautiful and the staff took such good care of us!!!  The facility was nicely decorated enough that we didn’t need much for decorations.  Just a few alter bouquets in the room we had the ceremony in.

Catering: Brandeis Catering

A+++  First off, Mary, with Brandeis was AMAZING!  She was the head Brandeis representative the night of our wedding and I can’t say enough about her!  She went above and beyond her duties to ensure we had a carefree time.  She made absolute sure that nobody saw me before the wedding ceremony.  She took all our decorations and centerpieces and decorated for us and even used some of their own supplies to accent what we brought.  The reception room was breathtaking!!!  The food….Oh I cannot say how delicious it was!!!!  Amazing!  We got so many compliments on the food!!!

DJ: DJ on the Mic

B+  The husband and wife duo did a great job, but I would have liked a little more fluidity in the order of things.  There were a few times that my husband and I had to kind of tell them what we wanted.  Which wasn’t a bad thing, but I would have liked a little more initiative.  Other than that, they were great!  Everyone was dancing and having a great time and they even made a CD with our first dance song on it with a custom label of our names and wedding date…that was a complete surprise.

Photographer: Nathan Chandler of 40 Nights Creative

A++++++++++  I don’t know if I can put into words how amazing Nathan is!  Based out of Lincoln, he had no problems photographing our wedding in Omaha.  Our engagement session, which took place this past fall, was so wonderful and our wedding day went even better!  He is so creative and very passionate about photography and his enthusiasm shows!  We had so much fun working with him!

Bridal Cake and Groom’s Cake: Casey with Hy-Vee on 96th and Q

A++  The cake was absolutely beautiful and the groom’s was so cool!  My husband and I are both work in the aviation industry and have a love of airplanes, so she decorated the groom’s sheet cake with and airplane towing a banner with our names and wedding date on it…it was perfect!  The cake itself was DELICIOUS!!!  We got many rave reviews about it.

Gown:  Nebraska Bridal Outlet

B+  Very affordable and a wide selection!  The ladies there were super helpful and I found the dress of my dreams!  I was told 90 days for my dress to come in and about a month and a half later I got a call and it was already in!  The only downside is they don’t do alterations, so luckily a member of my parent’s church offered to alter my dress.

Tuxes:  Men’s Warehouse

A+  We had a great experience working with them!  They gave us lots of advice and ideas about what would look great.  Everyone looked absolutely amazing!!! 

Flowers:  Brown’s Floral and Creations

A+++  Located in Plattsmouth, NE.  I was blown away by the amazing work they did!  My bouquet was absolutely gorgeous and my MoH’s bouquet was beautiful as well!  Very reasonably priced and I feel that we got a lot of bang for our buck!!!

If I'm missing anything, please feel free to ask!

imageAnniversary

Re: Vendor Review: 4-2-2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards