New York-Long Island

Glenmar Studios reviews

Does anyone have a review for Glenmar Studios in Roslyn?

Re: Glenmar Studios reviews

• R.WilsonnyR.Wilsonny member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have a review of the services they provide, but I did speak with them about doing photography for my wedding after getting about 20 or so harrassing phone messages from them the minute I booked the reception hall. I wasn't ready to start looking at photographers - but that didn't stop the lady from calling me every few days for about 3 months. I finally decided to just send an email because I didn't want to deal with them over the phone. They are one of the 'preferred' vendors of the venue where my wedding will be. (Swan Club)

The woman who kept calling, was quite rude in pretty much every voicemail she left for me, so I opted to not give them my business for that reason. I'm not going to give my hard earned money to someone who is pushy and rude.

Again, I cannot speak about the actual service they provide, but if they are anything like their approach on the phone, buyer beware.

If you are looking for a photography recommendation though, I highly recommend Fleur De Lees....she is doing my wedding and she is awesome! Takes beautiful pictures, is super nice, very professional, and very easy to work with. Let me know if you want her info and I'll pass it along......
  • jeja234jeja234 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your post and consider yourself lucky that you did not go there in person. I got the same harrasing vibe from them when my FI and I went to meet with them. The sales lady was EXTREMELY pushy and I felt like I was at a used car dealership. I thought it was strange that she was filling out an actual contract as she was speaking to us indicating all the services we would get, she asked what other photographers I was going to check out and proceeded to bad mouth them, then she kept pushing the contract toward me to get me to sign. It was my first visit to a phographer and I felt totally pressured. The albums they showed me were ok but I just felt too uneasy with their sales pitch and sales person to book them for my wedding.  I know its about the pictures/albums ( which were ok) put first impressions are very imporatnt to me especially if I am booking a vendor for my wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    I had the same experience once I posted my info online on this site and others. They called me a bunch of times and I already had a photographer.
  • edited December 2011
    my sister used them. they were horrible! the photographer was so rude to her. they are a factory that just churns them out. STAY AWAY!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards