Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Where are you registered?

We've received a few inquires as to where we have registered.  We haven't gotten that far yet!!  I'm thinking Macy's but would like to hear where the rest of you are registered.
BFP #1 - Missed M/C, D&C 3.21.11

BFP #2 - Sylvie V. Q. born and died on 10.28.11 at 21w. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP #3 - Evie V. Q. Fetal demise @ 16w. DC 7.8.12
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
My blog My chart

Re: Where are you registered?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Pottery Barn (favorite :) )
    Bed Bath and Beyond
    Dillard's (I really just registered here because my grandparents' friends like to shop in department stores)
  • Options
    ssoileaulsussoileaulsu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pottery Barn
    Bed Bath and Beyond
    Target
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am NEY (ring is being custom-made at the moment, taking forever, lol), however - here is what I have *heard* from other ppl re: registries, if it's helpful (or not)!:

-Macy's = really difficult to deal with, they will stop carrying certain lines suddenly and not indicate it on the registry and then be like "your item is backordered," etc.
    -Bed Bath & Beyond = the easiest to deal with because they have the 20% off coupons in the mail, and then (I think) if you don't like something you can return it for cash, not just store credit.

But, that's from a few years ago so I don't know if it's still the case!

One other thought, depending on if your ppl are local, is to try registering at a local NOLA place? (Though I can't think of any off the top of my head, so....). Help the economy and all that! Though I realize it's not a helpful suggestion if I can't think of anything specific....

If people are like "why haven't u registered yet" u can tell them that sometimes lines get discontinued, so you don't want to register only to have your favorite line get discontinued and then u have to start all over.  Or just tell them to MYOB. Lol Tongue out .

So, that is what I have heard, but take it with a grain of salt - good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think we're going to do Macy's and BBB. . . possibly Home Depot. If anyone wants to do a local nola place, my friend did her china at Pots A Lot on Magazine. You pick the glaze you want and then they fire the pieces when your guest orders them . . . each piece is unique that way. Their stuff isn't really my style, but it was beautiful, and she was really happy with the experience. 
  • Options
    cm10/10cm10/10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bed Bath and Beyond and Crate and Barrel
  • Options
    Kate504Kate504 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a while, but I was thinking of Target and maybe Dillards if i decide to get china and to have different price ranges.  I will have a lot of out of town guests so it will be easier for them to shop. I really need to start looking at what each of these types of stores offers (pottery barn, crate and barrel, etc) so i know where i want to go.

I heard the at Home Depot you could only shop at the store you registered at, but I could be wrong. That is just what a friend told me.
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    thielemmthielemm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We registered at Macy's and Bloomngdales (but only for china). We also did a universal registry through Amazon.com, so we could add stuff from any store. I heard Target is tough because they will only let you return 2 items. Plus, I have heard a lot of stories of people getting gifts, and them not getting taken off the registry at Target, then they won't let them return the extras.

Macy's was okay to work with so far, but I have heard about stuff becoming unavailable with no notice.
  • Options
    MMW10MMW10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're registered at BBB, Macy's, and Home Depot. With only 24 days to go (YAY!!), here's what I'm thinking...
    BBB is by far the easiest choice. They do let you return for cash, they're located all over, and they will even keep track of whether your registry is all bought in case you need to add more. (I had a message on my answering machine last night.) Also, there's some extra little perks, but I can't remember what they were--they're in the registry book you get!
    I LOVE Macy's usually--and so far they've been very easy to work with. My only issue is that there's only one Macy's in the NOLA area--I live in Houston, so I never even thought of this. Most of my family is on the northshore and west bank, so for my shower, every single thing I got was BBB because of the convenience factor.
    Home Depot is the most difficult. You have to actually write down the SKU and UPC code numbers on a form, and the registry is not online. You can go to any Home Depot and have them look up your registry number (you have to inform your guests of this), but I'm not sure how many people will actually go do that.
    Hope that helps!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ANYONE HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH POTTERY BARN OR WILLIAMS-SONOMA?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am registered at williams-sonoma and alders.  
    www.mromag1.weebly.com
  • Options
    zoopsiedaisyzoopsiedaisy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister was registered with Pottery Barn and Williams Sonoma.  It was great! Everything was shipped on time and returns were easy.  The only thing that happened was she got something from someone else's registry.  All she did was call, they sent a return label and she sent it back.  

I'm registered with Crate and Barrel and Dillard's.  I chose Crate and Barrel because I ordered something from them recently and it was crushed when it got to me.  I called them and they told me to throw it away and another was in the mail the next day.  My friend registered there and had a great experience.  Dillard's is the same as acallaway75...because some people really like to go to the store to purchase the item.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I registered at Adler's in New Orleans - it's local and great for fine china, silver, vases etc. They have online service for your guests.  Very friendly and helpful too. They have a lot more available than what is listed on their website and were able to source things i asked for by email and add them to my registry.

Also registered at Williams-Sonoma and BBB, both pretty straightforward. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't register at Pottery Barn because I ordered a cake knife from them once for a bridal shower gift. They charged me $11 to ship it, which I thought was really expensive; it also took two weeks to arrive, and it was packaged in a box large enough to fit 12 cake knives. I complained via their website about the expense and the waste of packaging and never heard anything back, so I vowed that they would miss my business if and when I got married ;) 
  • Options
    Cougar39Cougar39 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bed bath and beyond  and Adlers, which is local.
    Also I Do Charity Registry
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards