Florida-South Florida
Options

Westin Colonnade Help

Hey everyone so I am ALMOST positive I want my wedding at the rotunda. Its beutiful but I feel that it is really pricy. Also they have a new staff, has anyone had a wedding recently and can give me their opinion? Also any ideas on flowers!?! 
Thanks.

Re: Westin Colonnade Help

• Options
    It is beautiful. I don't have recent experience, but my cousin got married there 10 years ago. Was absolutely gorgeous!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I attended a good friend's wedding there over the summer and it was absolutely gorgeous. I'm not familiar with the staff, but I know she was very happy with everything and they were very accommodating, which was one of the reasons she chose them. Sorry I can't be more help, but the Rotunda was very beautiful from a guests perspective and the food was delish. It's different from the normal "ballroom" found in most hotels.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_westin-colonnade-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:bc3f91b2-b897-463c-b4e1-d353d1559368Post:57dac657-40a6-48b7-ab9f-f43be40c42e6">Westin Colonnade Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey everyone so I am ALMOST positive I want my wedding at the rotunda. Its beutiful but I feel that it is really pricy. Also they have a new staff, has anyone had a wedding recently and can give me their opinion? Also any ideas on flowers!?!  Thanks.
    Posted by annick1608[/QUOTE]

Not sure how much help this will be, but we had a terrible experience with the staff there.  We were visiting different venue's before we selected our current location and had an appointment with them.  Not only did it take 4 or 5 calls to them to get a call back to schedule the actual appointment, once we arrived the woman was 45 minutes late to meet with us.  She came out at our appointment time and told us she was running a few minutes behind and would be with us shortly.  45 minutes later she was ready for us.  I really feel that if a venue/vendor is not on top of their game before you sign a contract, what can you expect one they have you under contract??  After she gave us a brief tour of the facility we went back to her office to discuss dining options.  When I scheduled the appointment I was emailed in advance their "menu" so I brought this with us.  When I saw that the prices were drastically different, I said something about it.  The woman told me that what I had was outdated, despite me showing her the email I had received just a week prior.  It all felt very much like a bait and switch!  The actual rotunda is gorgeous, don't get me wrong, I just did not get a very good feeling about it. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    The venue is beautiful but does need work. The ceiling has water damage by the window. Something I noticed during my friend's wedding last September. The food was good. The set up was nice. Ceremony by the staircase. Cocktail hour on the second floor looking down into the reception.
    SoFla September Siggy - Hair Inspiration imageimage
  • Options
    that's my venue! i love it!! so far, we've been working with patricia and she's been very nice. send me a private message if you have any questions!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you all for your responses I started with a 15,000 all inclusive budget but this place will be more way more than that so im not sure. Im a little disapointed that they wont work a little with me. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards