May 2014 Weddings

HELP

everyone has been telling me i got engaged too soon and that i should start planning 6 months prior to the occasion personally i dont think thats enough time im hispanic and traditionally i will live with my parents until i get married so this means we have to purchase a house and furnish it along with planning a wedding i am also young but thats not a problem with either one of our families my mother never had a traditional wedding and i am looking for some extra ideas and advice

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: HELP

• I dont think youre planning too early. Im planning my wedding for 2 years from now, May 2014. I dont wanto be scrounging around for venues and last minute vendors. I want to enjoy the planning process and have fun looking around and getting the best deals. Just do whats good for you and your fiance. But only 6 months to plan, thats cutting it way close! Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you so much and when do you think the apprOpiate time is to send out the save the dates we have family comin from a different country
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am wondering this too?  However I am not doing save the dates due to not wanting to waist paper.  So I am going to send the invitations in time for everyone to get plane tickets.  But how long 6 months, more?
  • I think ettiquette says 6-9 months prior to the wedding. Im going to be sending mine out next summer. We'll get our engagement pictures in the spring, send out the save the dates in the summer for a wedding that following May. I just dont want to send them too early and confuse people. But definitely 6 months or more!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hello I am planning a May 3,2014 wedding. I have secured my venue, photgrapher, and cakes. Certain items book up really fast, which was hard to get through to my fiance and his mother untill the first two venues I dragged them too were booked for my date May 3 2014, so it finally sunk in that we had to get our butts in gear. My fiances family all live in town with us, but my family lives all over this country. I have already spoke with everyone when I sent out engagement announcements so that they were aware the time of year i was planning. I am sending out my Save The Dates May 1,2013 1year before my date, then my invations 3 months before my date giving a 30 RSVP window. Just remember when planning stick to what you started or you will end up costing yourself more money.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards