Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

RSVP Date??

We are having a huge confusion over the RSVP date, which of course affects when I have to order them, approve them, mail them, etc.. Our wedding planner said the RSVP date should be 30 days before the wedding but our venue wants a final number at the 30day mark (which seems super early to me since I have no idea what I have planned for tomorrow, much less next month, but fine..) I assume then that I would want to have all of the responses back at least a week before our final count is due just to have some time to chase stragglers. So is this rude/unusual to have an RSVP date 5wks before the wedding? And for any recent brides, did you do an RSVP date this far out and ifnd that you had a bunch of no-shows? I don't want a half empty reception because people RSVP'd yes too early, that's no fun - HELP!!

Re: RSVP Date??

• Options
    I would ask your venue why they need a headcount so early.  That seems to be asking for a lot of trouble.

Our venue needed a count a week in advance.
  • Options
    That is really early for your venue.  Our caterer wants the number 2 weeks ahead, with a little wiggle room & then the absolute final 7 days.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    5 weeks is really early and I would assume your numbers will be less accurate if they have to be in that early. I would talk with your venue and try to move when they need their final numbers -- there's really no reason in the world they should need them so early. For perspective, I had to give my final number and payment on a Thursday for a Saturday wedding. I know some places require it earlier than that, but a full month seems way too early.
  • Options
    It seems unreasonable for the venue to need a count 30 days in advance.  As a guest, I would find it annoying/rude if you sent out an RSVP date 5 weeks in advance.  I know peopl do it (I lost this battle on my month board) but guests don't necessarily know if they can get off work/find a flight/arrange for a sitter that far in advance.
  • Options
    I would really talk to your venue about why they need the final head count so early. I'm sorry but that is just unreasonable.  Our caterer needed it 10 days prior to the wedding.

If I got an invite with an RSVP date five weeks out, I'd immediately think there was a "B" list for invitations also.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    THanks everyone! I thought that early sounded kind of ridiculous so as long as it's not the norm (and based on your responses, it's not) I'll have to talk to out venue.

P.s. Tricia - I didnt even think about the whole B-list issue, but good point!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards