Students

Is It Just Me...

Or Can People be dense?  Generally I stick to my month board.  But alot of my stressors that I post about they're all you have a year yet! Relax!  Actually I have 6 months...because 4 months will be used focusing on school.  Do any of you guys have that problem of getting certain things done when on vacation or school break just so you can focus on school and do well?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Is It Just Me...

• I have a really similar problem. I'm in pharmacy school and have 6 weeks and counting. I tried to get as much done in advance as I could during breaks. It was frustrating though because I kept running into people telling to me relax and I had "lots of time" - well we're almost there and so much still isn't done! I'm still in school and frantically trying to get ready before the December wedding. It's difficult to plan ahead, because a lot of wedding planning is doing things on the timeline - however, the more you get done in advance the more stress free you will be! Best of luck!!!
  • Yeah, I have that problem, too. I'm in medical school, so I don't have a ton of free time to plan for my wedding (next July). Luckily my breaks fall at pretty good times. I did most of the major stuff (venues, caterer, photographer, dress) this past summer, will do the rest of the major-ish stuff (DJ, cake, invitations) when I am home over Christmas break, and the smaller things when I go home for spring break. I'm not a big details person though, so I figure I might not have time to do a lot of the small things that a lot of people do. I'm ok with that. Oh, and FI's mom is a florist, so that really helps!
  • I use wedding planning as an excuse to not do my homework...but then again I'm irresponsible haha!

But yeah, I think on that board there are a fair number of unemployed/part time job ladies, so they have tons of free time to plan.
  •  Its currently my last semester of classes and I'm taking three easy classes (out of 4) that don't really require much work. This has given me tons of free time to plan wedding, which I find more fun than homework anyway. So I guess I have it pretty easy. The wedding is in may, so I have five months after graduating to do all the nitty gritty stuff. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_just-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:7bdcebf5-63e7-4c44-8a27-5b425867d02dPost:9d0d12f9-f013-45f2-8e80-07e824b5009e">Re: Is It Just Me...</a>:
    [QUOTE] Its currently my last semester of classes and I'm taking three easy classes (out of 4) that don't really require much work. This has given me tons of free time to plan wedding, which I find more fun than homework anyway. So I guess I have it pretty easy. The wedding is in may, so I have five months after graduating to do all the nitty gritty stuff. 
    Posted by amgrossman[/QUOTE]

Good planning. :) I did the same thing with my undergrad but grad school is wayyyy different for me.
    imagepcos ribbon Pictures, Images and Photos Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have to putting wedding planning on hold as of December 1 until March 1 because I'll be studying for the Bar Exam!  Once I come out of my law coma I'll only have 3 months until the wedding!  My friends think I'm crazy for getting stuff done that can wait, but I don't think they realize that I'm losing 3 months of planning time.  I definitely feel your pain!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm hoping to get a lot of my stuff done over Christmas break this year, and everything else done this summer (for a Jan. wedding). I'll be in grad school and working full time through May 2012...so I have a super busy next 14 months to plan!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards