May 2012 Weddings
Options

When is it time to plan?

When is the right time to start planning? I feel that there is not enough time to plan and it is over a year away. I would like to start planning but my fiance seems to not want to plan. Do I wait for him or do I just start?

Re: When is it time to plan?

• Options
    I'm in the same boat as you!  My fiance thinks I'm crazy because I want to start planning some things now.  Tonight I actually got him to agree to start thinking about and visiting some of the venues just so we can get that booked then all the other stuff will follow along.
  • Options
    If you feel it, go for it! He'll come along...mine did ;)
    newimagesize Anniversary Vacation
  • Options
    I think it's fine to start planning! Especially for booking venues because you really want to find a place you love and make sure someone else doesn't get it!  I'm probably going to wait a while longer to look, though my FI's mom is so excited she's out looking at places and coming up with ideas haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You should definitely start planning so you have more time to prepare and make it perfect. My FI and I have been engaged for about a month now and have visited about 9 different venues already. We're both so excited for it! Good luck!
  • Options
    I've already got my venue and caterer booked!

Look now, and you may be able to book early and lock in the 2010 or 2011 prices.

That's what we did.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    me too! i was wondering that same thing its 22 months away and i want  to start but i know its too early i think im gunna start at 15 months and BTW my date changed from the 13th to the 12th how do i change it on the knot? i dont see that option?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have started for my 2012 wedding and now i am soooooooooooooooo confussed!!!!! I made th mistake of pouring over wedding sites and books...........now I want to incorporate a "reception" theme and  it is all getting mixed up!!!!! Glad i have 2 years to straighten it out...
    BTW my fiance' thinks i am NUTS for starting now........and like the other gal, he doesn't really want to help....Tongue out
  • Options
    I already have my game face on and have most of it planned, just need the little details now :)

yes, my fiancee thinks I'm a compleate nut job as I've been basically ready to go since like the second he poped the queston.

~ Amber & Jesse ~ Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options

It's good to know that I'm not the only one who's fiance thinks she's nuts! He gets annoyed when I mention anything wedding related because he thinks it's so far away. I don't think he has any idea how much work has to be done!

May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My FI thinks I should have it all planned already! We've been engaged for a month but he thinks he would have it all done, at least the church is picked and down to a few choices for the reception site.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have all of the "big" stuff done already: venue, photographer, DJ, my dress etc. What's wonderful about booking all of it now (as someone else mentioned) is that you book the prices for 2010 and some places allow you to do monthly installments. This is perfect for my FI and I since we are paying for the wedding ourselves. A lot of these places are filling up fast for 2012 because of the recession (or so I am told). I love having all of this time. I'm not stressed out, I can really put a lot of thought into things, and I can think about details. I know so many friends who hated planning their wedding because they were stressed; I do not feel that way at all (yet)! I say start a.s.a.p
  • Options
    I have already started planning because I need to be able to tweek things as I go and not at the last minute. My FI told me the other day that he wants to be included in the planning and I love him for that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We've started the venue search, and it's a lot more complicated than either of us ever would have thought, but it's also been a lot of fun because we have been able to space viewing times, and talk as a couple about what we like rather than rushing around trying to get everything done. Starting early is working out! And my FI is in shock about how we really did have to start this early! LOL.
    newimagesize Anniversary Vacation
  • Options
    ljahn7ljahn7 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2010
    Yeah- I got engaged 7 months ago, and my fiancee just agreed to set a date (after I started crying b/c people were thinking we weren't setting a date b/c we weren't sure if we wanted to get married). Now he refuses to let me plan anything, and when I explained we weren't planning anything, I just wanted to get an idea of how many people he invisioned being at our wedding, so I could let my parents (the wedding investors) get a budget together, he blew up in my face. My fiance is the nicest most nurturing person ever, but for whatever reason, he flips out when the word 'wedding' is dropped. So I TOTALLY understand the fiances thinking you're nuts- only I think my fiance is more nuts.
  • Options
    This post made me feel so much better about planning already!  My FI thinks I'm nuts for starting now.  We're doing a destination wedding (the reason why we're waiting so long in the first place).  I have already gave the heads up to my bridesmaids so that they can start saving and also work on getting passports.  I'm very organized when planning things (almost to fault).  Call it the accountant in me, but I also insist on written budgets and the sooner the better!  Since we're funding a big chunk of the wedding ourselves, I want to figure out a budget and he's making it very difficult!!!  I started thinking I really was nuts until  I read this!  I'm just happy he actually sat down with me to pick a date and also to pick the resort in which our ceremony will be held!
    ~Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards