California-San Diego

Hotels near Beach Area

Hi Girls
I am an RI knottie but am coming to San Diego in June for a wedding.
Its my first time in California so I'm pretty thrilled. The wedding is on a Saturday in Hemet-- so I think we will stay around there

but i wanted to come a few days earlier to check out san diego(fiance really wants to move or get a vacation home in the area0

I have NO idea about the area and im trying to do some research online but I cant really find what i am looking for.

I am basically just looking for a list of a few hotels, that are 4 star or higher located near the beach or at least walking distance from water/beach.

I do't even really know what area to be looking in. I figured most people having their weddings there will know the best hotels.

As well, the girl's ceremony is at the San diego lds temple- we can't go since I'm not LDS but  I am not sure what area of town it is in. WHen I look it up online it just says "downtown" but living in a city myself, I know that could mean a vast area.

Does anyone know what neighborhood it is?
www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image

Re: Hotels near Beach Area

• edited December 2011
    I am pretty sure the LDS temple is in La Jolla, but that means that it is about two hours from Hemet.  THat seems really far!

If you want five stars and to be able to walk to the beach, I would suggest La Jolla.  La Jolla Shores is right on the beach and is a great hotel!  Another option would be Coronado.  THey have a mariott and the world famous Hotel Del Coronado :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wendysandiegowendysandiego member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In La Jolla:

La Valencia hotel
    Grande Colonial
    La Jolla Beach and Tennis Club

Del Mar:
    L'Abuberge Del Mar

There are also a lot in the Mission Bay area: I don't know if they are 4 star, but you can look them up:
    The Dana
    Paradise Point
    Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Resort

Also check TripAdvisor.  They list hotels by star level
  • i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help!
    I am assuming that yes, it is two hours- because she said that the reception is 70 miles from the ceremony.
    That sounds like a good almost 2 hours to me.
    But we don't really have to worry about the ceremony.

Are there closer "tourist" areas to stay that are close to Hemet.

The La Jolla Shores looks nice a nice place.
    and I found a place on Jet Setter to stay the night we arrive that is downtown (we don't get in until 11 pm)

How far is a drive from San Diego to LA- I looked it up online but there were an array of answers from 1 1/2 hours to 3 hours-- we'd be driivng into LA to see friends on a Sunday.
  • i2012doi2012do member
    edited December 2011
    As well, Wendy thanks for the suggestions, La Grande is on Jet Setter today too! for 199.00 a night, thats great!
  • edited December 2011

LA is about 2 and half to three hours from san diego based on traffic.   I am not srue how long the drive is from LA to Hemet, but that might be a good option as well.  If you do that,  look into Shutters in Santa Monica.  Gorgeous hotel right on the beach!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • funicello73funicello73 member
    edited December 2011
    For you and your man, check out Paradise Point, you both will love it! Second choice would be Humphey's On The Bay, and third would be the Hilton on Mission Bay. All 3 of these are around  our Mission Bay area, close to Sea World. The LDS is on the east side of the Interstate 5 freeway, just around the exits to get to La Jolla, (about 3-5 miles up from the Hilton). Hope this helps.
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-san-diego_hotels-near-beach-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:64Discussion:078e3ff3-9e8a-4103-9c66-fd7c14bf8ee0Post:efcae484-4bdd-4c67-9cb6-c2445c99620f">Re: Hotels near Beach Area</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the help! I am assuming that yes, it is two hours- because she said that the reception is 70 miles from the ceremony. That sounds like a good almost 2 hours to me. But we don't really have to worry about the ceremony. Are there closer "tourist" areas to stay that are close to Hemet. 
    Posted by i2012do[/QUOTE]

<div>There is nothing cool in Hemet. Temecula has wineries, but I actually dislike Temecula more than Hemet. I would say your best bet is to focus on SD and just hit the reception in Hemet on that actual day. I hope her wedding isn't in the summer, because Hemet (and Temecula) are pretty miserable in the summer.</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: I just saw it was summer. :(</div>
    I hate Dave Ramsey
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards