Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Newlyweds?

Our board has been a little quiet, not many reviews posted. Has anyone gotten married recently or is your big day coming up soon?!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Newlyweds?

• Still have about 3 months! My MOH said the shower invites went in the mail yesterday. The shower is set for November 24th. We bought our wedding bands this weekend. Now everything officially has been paid for or deposits down, just have to out all of the details. It's coming up so fast!
  • emilyb213emilyb213 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Answer
    edited October 2012
    We're still 8 months out but we've gotten all of our major vendors booked and a lot of stuff squared away already. Caitlyn, I see from your sig that you're going to PR on your honeymoon...we are too!!
  • we are only 18 days away. i feel things are getting a little crazy leading up to this day. i had my first fitting last night and it was a huge success. mainly because i had my actual first fitting 2 months ago and the dress was a bit too small. i ordered our favors yesterday as well, we are doing pittsburgh popcorn and mini smileycookies. we are printing our programs this week, my bachelorette is this weekend, my hair trial is thursday, makeup trial saturday, meeting with the DJ wednesday....AHH the list goes on. I cant wait for it to just be here!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • julie279julie279 member
    First Comment
    edited October 2012
    We are only 4 days away!

We have most of the stuff done.  My mom needs to finish the card box and make a few more cookies.  We also need to stamp the place cards so that the venue will know the guests' meal choices.

We are going to Florence and Rome for our honeymoon and have some tours booked (along with the flights and hotels), but are trying to plan what we want to do each day we are over there.  (It will include going to a Steelers Bar in Rome for the game on Oct. 28th! Smile)
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Ah congrats ladies!! @Julie and @Jam- good luck with all of the last minute preparations! would love to hear how everything goes so keep us updated on the board :)

@Julie- FI and I wanted to go to Italy for the Honeymoon but we decided to wait to make Europe a 1 year anniversary trip. Let me know where the "must visit" restaurants and hotels are there!!

Speaking of honeymoons, @Emily- we are so excited for San Juan! Its a good mix of beach (to relax) and nightlife, shopping, and historic sites to visit if we feel like getting out and about. Have you guys booked anything yet? Our wedding is in March and we don't have anything booked yet, but Airtran keeps having really good sales on flights that end in February, so we're holding out in the hope that their next sale will be for flights in March!

manjermj- yay for a fellow winter bride! I have a shower Nov 3, which we scheduled to avoid having bad weather in the middle of winter, haha! Have fun with your shower too!! You're right, the time is seriously flying by!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We actually booked our flights at the end of August. Once we decided to go to PR, I started watching flights on Kayak, and they were slowly creeping up. Our neighbor works for an airline, and after talking to her, we decided to jump on the tickets ASAP since she said fares are expected to keep climbing through 2013.

We also booked a condo to stay at for the week we'll be there, in the Isla Verde neighborhood. We're trying not to spend a ton of $$, since we're planning a larger one year anniversary trip to Europe in 2014, although the hotels in and around San Juan are definitely reasonable.

I can't wait, we're planning on doing one of the bioluminescent bay tours, hitting the beach, all of the historic sites...the whole shebang.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards