Destination Weddings Discussions

Getting nervous

I had posted about two weeks ago about changing my flowers, well I had emailed her and asked what I needed to do if I decide to change and if there will be extra charges, well after all your kind words, I decided to keep the ones I had chosen originally so I emailed her again to say nevermind about changing but I would like an update, the first was sent June 15 the second on June 22nd and I've still not heard from her.  I also called and left a message on her voicemail and still nothing, so I am getting very nervous here.  I have paid the deposit, months ago, and the final payment is due in two weeks and I dont' want to pay it until I hear from her.  Am I wrong?

Re: Getting nervous

• NO! you are completely not wrong. Until you hear from her, I wouldn't pay the deposit... how did you pay? By CC? How many months ago?
    Harper Grace 8.31.12
    ?imageimage

• I paid the deposit, which was 40% of the total back on January 7th through paypal.
  • I agree. Don't pay anything else until you get some communication from her.
  • I agree also I wouldn't pay anything more!
  • Ok but how through PayPal... CC or ACH?

PayPal has a 45 day to dispute but if you paid by CC, you can call your credit card company to reverse the charges for non-receipt of items. of you paid ACH... unless your bank has different rules, you only have 60 days to dispute that.

I'm SO sorry you have to go through this and I want to help in any way I can. But I would definitely be demanding a response to give you a heads up on what's going on. Telling her the final payment is due in 2 weeks but you will not be sending the final payment until you have some questions answered.
    Harper Grace 8.31.12
    ?imageimage

• Ditto PP's!  The next time you contact her, I would mention something of the sort, such as "I can't wait to see the progress, and I'm planning to make the final payment when I get those pics" or something.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ditto what mishy said. I wouldn't pay her anything else. Hopefully she's just super busy with making your flowers she hasn't gotten back to you... Good luck, honey! Keep us updated!
  • What Mishy said is perfect....no update/photos/final product, no final payment!
  • I'm not so nice.  You gave the deposit 5 months ago - she should have those flowers DONE and ready to ship by now.  I'd just message her and tell her that you're not paying another dime until you see a photo of the finished product.  I'd also shoot an email to etsy and let them know what's going on.  That way if you DO have to try to get your $$ back, they have proof that you did contact them before the deadline.  (I believe the way it works is that you have 45 days AFTER the promised deadline for the item to be completed, not 45 days after you put down your deposit, but I'd double check with them on that.)

Hope you get this worked out SOON!  Gosh, with everyone having issues with etsy flowers, it sounds like I should jump into the business too - at least I know I won't leave people hanging for months on end.  lol 
  • Agree with above & I have my fingers crossed for you!!
  • I agree w/ Mishy! Good luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I agree with PP's - good luck!
    imageimageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards