Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Acrylic Nails??

How many of you would recommend them?? We have engagement photos Friday, and I ripped a nail on my left hand :(  I don't know what to do!
BabyFruit Ticker image

Re: Acrylic Nails??

• I would skip it unless you plan on getting close ups of your ring. Even then, could you just get a manicure?

My nails aren't in the best condition right now so we didn't do close ups of the ring and I love our photos.

Honestly, after I thought about it I didn't really know what I would do with a picture of my hand in 5 years anways.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Well, I thought about that too. I just went online and looked at people's pics, and in some poses you noticed the nails.  I was thinking about just painting them a nice light color and hope for the best.  But then when I saw some girls did have fake nails, I kind of liked how pretty they looked. It's funny how this is one of those stupid little details that in 5 years won't mean anything! Ugggghhhh!

Thanks!
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • If you ripped your nail and it hurts, it's going to hurt even worse when they put the nails on. Sometimes the stuff they put on them stings
  • if your worried about a close up of the ring - maybe your photographer could take a picture of you and your fiance holding hands (not interlocking fingers though) - that way you get a close up of the ring butyour nails are more hidden ? just a thought
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Leave the fake nails off - they are more trouble than their worth.   If you want a close-up of the ring, tell the photographer about your nail and have him position your fiances hand over yours in a way that covers the nail.  My husband bites his nails worse than a 10yr old girl so I had to carefully position my hands over/on his to cover his chewed nails.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards