Hawaii
Options

sake ceremony...

anyone have any recs on where to get the sake barrel thingy (haha) for the japanese sake ceremony?  we're thinking of having the sake ceremony but we'll have to check if it's okay with the hale koa.  i don't want to purchase it and then they say we can't do it but we're really hoping that they'll let us :)  
Todd & Cari
7.23.2011~Hale Koa Hotel

Re: sake ceremony...

• Options
    lindskalindska member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! yes, please contact the cherry company 808-422-6555. They let us rent their large sake barrel for $250 for the wedding.  It comes with ladles and the breakable lid (which they want back - even in pieces).  It does not come with sake, so we bought two large bottles of sake at don quixote behind the ala moana shopping center... we asked the bartender to pre-pour sake into masu cups (which we brought from japan) and that way we just broke the sake barrel, poured sake for each other (the bartender poured some into the bowl in the barrel for us to scoop out) - and then we did a big conpai with the whole group...having the guests' sake pre-poured really was effective and saved us lots of time! The cherry company staff members really only speak Japanese, so if you need to speak to them in English, definitely go really slowly (learned this the hard way until I realized that they all spoke Japanese).  OK this was long, but hopefully will help get you started!
    lindsay and kaata - june 21, 2010 - lani phase II my planning bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ahhh thanks linds!  that is totally helpful and i've heard of the cherry company so i'll definitely have to check them out.  maybe i'll have my grandparents call so it'll be a little easier since they speak some japanese. :)  thank you for the info and i'll definitely check them out :)
    Todd & Cari
    7.23.2011~Hale Koa Hotel
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards