Colorado
Options

Breckenridge Ceremony Sites--Help!

I am absolutely in love with the town of Breckenridge and want to get married there next summer. My only problem is all of the places I found have these ridiculous food and drink minimums. It would not be a problem if I was having a big wedding, but this is more of a destination wedding for us and only expect like 30 of our closest friends and family to come and we would never me the outrageous minimums. We only are looking for a ceremony site with a pretty view. We don't want the whole reception thing. Any suggestions?

Re: Breckenridge Ceremony Sites--Help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My flower people are in breckenridge and they also do wedding planning, they have a fb page, maybe they can give you an idea, i hope! https://www.facebook.com/BreckWeddings
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also getting married in Breckenridge this summer.  Ours is only semi-destination since my family go out there all the time and own houses there.  We are having the reception at Blue Sky (the website pictures don't really do it justice). 

Depending on the time of year, I would suggest Dry Gulch Placer.  We wanted to have it there, but decided that it was ify for an early June wedding and would probably be difficult for elderly and possibly intoxicated guests. 

There are lots of houses you can rent too.  Paragon seems to be the big rental group there (some locals might think they are evil, but I have no experience with them).  There is a place called V3, and another one called Rubywood that I heard lots of people talk about. 

Places on Baldy Mountain will most likely have views of the slopes and possibly the town depending on what way they are facing.  I think the houses would let you sleep people there too, which could be an option for several of your guests.  (VRBO, HomeAway, or just a google search for what you are looking for might turn up a hidden gem)  One of my parents places would have a beautiful view, but I don't think there would be enough land to set up chairs (the neighbors did have a wedding, but it was less than 10 people).  If you are interested let me know, but the seating outside would be very tight, so I would try to stick to the places that have weddings all the time.

We are working with Harvest Catering, I know you said no reception, but look at their site for other vendor recommendations.  GoBreck. com also has a list, but some I think were out dated. 

I just got back from Breck yesterday looking at places and talking to people.  If you can do that, I would highly suggest it. 

Hope that helps!  Sorry it's a little long.  Also let me know if you want to share any other info on planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For ceremony site I would recommend Saphirre Point.  http://www.summitcolorado.com/breckenridge/wedding-at-sapphire-point.php

I've heard it's beautiful.  We are doing Breck next summer, too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards