South Carolina

Myrtle Beach/Conway recpetion location... please help!

I have been asked by my brother and fsil to help them plan their wedding.  They live in Conway, SC.  I do not live in the Conway/Myrtle Beach area so researching locations has been difficult.  Also difficult is the fact that they are really set on a wedding this August (yes I know, less than 5 months away).  They also have a small wedding budget.  Her total wedding budget is $7k.

She loves the look of Brookgreen Gardens & Atalaya Castle but they are both out of her price range.

Can anyone help me???  Steer me in the direction of a great "southern" feel location that is really affordable.  I'm running out of time (Didn't help that they didn't ask me until Easter weekend)  Cry

Re: Myrtle Beach/Conway recpetion location... please help!

• klhucks09klhucks09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Are they looking for a place for both ceremony and reception?

The Riverwalk in Conway is beautiful and there is the peanut warehouse right by it where the reception can be held.  Also try the Shriner's Club in Conway it has a pretty deck over the river.  I live in the Conway area, so if you have any questions let me know.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mrs.H2beMrs.H2be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for the informaiton.  I am certainly going to check out the peanut warehouse as well as the shriners club.  Thanks a bunch!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm in the same boat, and found a great steal at ocean drive golf and beach resort. Talk to Lori boggs, director of catering. We're renting the "tiki hut" it's very rustic, but steps from the beach, and it allows me to create what I want. They include in the price of the rental  ( which for me is $200 for the night), china, drinkware, linens (ivory), chairs tables, etc. All food has to be bought on site, but I do have to say, after seeing friends stress over their weddings, I've stressed almost none, and BONUS, if I e-mail her with a question, she gets back to me quickly with an answer, and usually a picture too. If you'd like, e-mail me at balletdancer7986@yahoo,com, and I can send you the pictures I took from there. The tiki hut holds only about 60 people though. However I am under my $5000 budget, and we're having ribs and such for the reception. If they want to do the ceremony on ther beach, they charge $700 to set up and tear down chairs etc, and to provide someone day of to make sure everything goes where it's supposed to. Hope this helps you.
    Ocean Drive golf and beach resort also rents the ballroom out for around $1000. It's ocean front as well.
  • ssunkissssunkiss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Cypress Inn B&B is beautiful and has a beautiful room for receptions.. I'm not sure what they charge but it is right on the river with a beautiful marina in the back and the Owners are the sweetest people..
  • edited December 2011
    The Peanut Warehouse and the Jerry Cox building are both beautiful places to hold a reception. I have photos from past weddings if you would like to see, email me at crystalleephotography@yahoo.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards