January 2013 Weddings

Grrrrrrrrrrrr

One of my bridesmaids had to step down...due to finances (she lives in GA and couldnt afford to come up- she had to use money she had towards a new car for her and her bf.)  She was crying and upset...I wasn't.  I am sad, yes...disappointed- you bet.  But stuff happens and I TOTALLY understand the money situation.  UGH!!  : / 
Thankfully another friend (who KNEW ahead of time, stepped up to the plate)...she knew all along that she would have been in the wedding if we had 7 girls, instead of 6).  She has been a good friend for years now.  ANYWAYS- ugh...she just texted me and said that she can't find a dress in her size at Davids.  WHAT?!?!?  Cry 
they said it wouldnt come in, in time before the wedding....YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!  I'm so annoyed at them...I REALLY detest them.  I dont say that about anyone really.
I've had the WORST customer service there.  Bought my dress and all of the BM's dresses there (they paid for their own)...but my goodness.  Once you are done, they treat you awful.  TSK!

So...now Idk what my friend is gonna do...
God is Faithful!

Re: Grrrrrrrrrrrr

• I'm sorry that your friend can't make it.

I do understand that there isn't a way for them to get the dress in time for the wedding. That isn't something that happens quickly.

I would just leave your sides uneven. It really will be fine.

• I had the same thing happen! My bridesmaid called and had some financial stuff come up and couldn't afford her plane ticket and stepped down. I picked up some extra shifts and told her I would pay for it. Praise God, I found a 200 round trip ticket!
  • That stinks! I've heard nothing good about David's Bridal. Do you think it's possible to find the dress online?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Staar- thanks, yea thats what others have said too.  5 girls and 6 guys it is!!!!  We tried figuring something out but she couldnt use her store credit she had online.  If she could have, it would have been here in time.  Bottom line- I dont think she really wanted to be in it.  I think she may have felt like "last choice" or something.  IDK.  Either way, we are still cool and love eachother.  I told her a little while ago that "its all good.." and I meant it.
    Uneven sides, but whatev at this point..
    I can't allow anymore stress.  God has actually given me soooo much peace through it all.  THANK GOD FOR HIM!!!  Or I would have withered and gone insane already.

Gabba- PRAISE GOD is right!!  : )  I couldn't afford that though right now.

I need all the money I can get for the last min decorations, etc.

God is Faithful!
  • They are HORRIBLE and I mean that with everything in me!!!!  I will NEVER give them a good name.  They treated me so wrong.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2013-weddings_grrrrrrrrrrrr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:808dddd9-a33d-4d5f-8a47-f091dcd1c99fDiscussion:59848a4d-14a0-4295-8631-c9ffd5ecd9d8Post:bc8aae57-5fce-4a07-af3c-1e505116abae">Re: Grrrrrrrrrrrr</a>:
    [QUOTE]That stinks! I've heard nothing good about David's Bridal. Do you think it's possible to find the dress online?
    Posted by Joanna2385[/QUOTE]
    God is Faithful!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2013-weddings_grrrrrrrrrrrr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:808dddd9-a33d-4d5f-8a47-f091dcd1c99fDiscussion:59848a4d-14a0-4295-8631-c9ffd5ecd9d8Post:e8073834-a5ce-470d-bdcf-b7e0a0850da9">Re: Grrrrrrrrrrrr</a>:
    [QUOTE]They are HORRIBLE and I mean that with everything in me!!!!  I will NEVER give them a good name.  They treated me so wrong. In Response to Re: Grrrrrrrrrrrr :
    Posted by WonderfulSavior[/QUOTE]

It's definitely one of those by-store basis type of things. I had no issues with the store in my area. I've heard other brides have said the same thing about stores in their areas, but then other stores have horrible track records. With a chain like that, it's really hard to judge the whole chain by one store. They are only regulated as far as corporate tells them what they <strong>should</strong> be doing. The same has been said of Alfred Angelo. It really just depends on what the store in your area is like. I'm sorry that the one around you has been so awful.
  • Heroes- Corporate was HORRIBLE TOO!!!!!!  Glad you had a good experience.  Corporate didnt care about any of my problems with them and they didnt call me back after they said they would.  It took like 20 calls on my end to get someone to listen.  SMH..
    God is Faithful!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2013-weddings_grrrrrrrrrrrr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:808dddd9-a33d-4d5f-8a47-f091dcd1c99fDiscussion:59848a4d-14a0-4295-8631-c9ffd5ecd9d8Post:2bb722df-e785-4d20-a032-3acf85764ab4">Re: Grrrrrrrrrrrr</a>:
    [QUOTE]Heroes- Corporate was HORRIBLE TOO!!!!!!  Glad you had a good experience.  Corporate didnt care about any of my problems with them and they didnt call me back after they said they would.  It took like 20 calls on my end to get someone to listen.  SMH..
    Posted by WonderfulSavior[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. I'm sorry. that's never any fun to deal with. That's when I usually sic my mom on 'em. Hahaha, I've never known that woman to get off the phone with any corporate office with anything less than exactly what she wanted, and 9 times out of 10, more than what she wanted.
  • GOOD FOR HER!!!  I should have my FMIL...she is like that actually. 
    Eh- not worth it anymore.  they ruined their chances to make nice with me..
    God is Faithful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards