Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

"Photo booth"

My photographer is offering what they call a "photo booth" - basically formal photos of couples or groups, with a nice background at the reception venue (available for purchase on their website.)  I thought it would be more fun to have an informal "photo booth" with a plain backdrop and props (boas, chalkboard signs, etc.)  I was even thinking of buying some instant photo cameras so that the guests could get their photo instantly or leave it for our scrapbook.  I'm thinking of proposing this idea to the photographer.
So, if you were going to a wedding, what type of photo would you prefer?

Re: "Photo booth"

• Options
    angybanezangybanez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sure you can do both. Your photographer will probably do what you tell them to do since if everything's for sale on their website they'll want to drive visitors to the site to get buyers for those pics they really want. A basic backdrop/lights set-up can be formal, but you can have a table with props and fun items so people can do their formal and silly poses.

FYI, I was a destination bride and since we couldn't bring a photobooth with us, I used my photography background to set one up using a laptop with a camera, ligts (even ikea light where you can swivel the head) and a small printer! My guests loved it since all they need to do is hit enter and they get 4 pictures in one just like any photobooth. YOu'll need to purchase the software but the pictures are instant and guests can bring them home right then and there.

In any case, whatever you decide, good luck and happy planning!
    -Angelica
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can you do both?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    mandibulus00mandibulus00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love that idea!  Please give me more info.  I had originally thought of using a printer right then, but coulldn't figure out the logisics.  Angybanez, can you please give me more info on how you did it?!  Thank you :)
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing the 2nd option.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards