New York-Hudson Valley

Re: How much?

• edited December 2011
    i paid about 2,000 for everything including shoes and veils...  i think 3-5k is a lot.. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Hello. I've waited here for you. Everlong<3<br>
  • kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think anything above 3k is unnecessary. I think the brides on SYTTD who spend over 20k are just ridiculous and I want to slap some sense into them and their families.
    imageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    i think over 5k is too much.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree-- anything over 5-6k seems excessive to me.
  • edited December 2011
    I think it really really depends on the total budget, 6k for a dress to someone who makes 300k a year and spends 100k on a wedding is nothing to them. I think in terms of percentages, more than 10% of the budget for brides attire is too much.

And well I spend 10% of the budget on mine (I think I read 10% is the 'recommended' amount)

It was a lot, with alt's still under 5k though
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    While the dress is very important to me, I personally couldn't justify spending a ton of money on something I would wear once. I spent around $850 on my dress, and personally I think over 2500 is too much to spend on a dress. But if you looked at my wedding budget people would probably think I was nuts spending so much in other areas. It's all relative I guess.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I couldn't justify spending alot on my dress either....I think there are just some that are outrageous...to me $5000 and over is crazy
    I spent about $1400 on the dress (included alterations), about $50 on shoes and the veil was another $150 (I think)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    i spent about $2500.00 on everything(dress,shoes,veil,alterations,tiera),i didnt really have a budget to spend bc my parents paid for the wedding,but i couldnt see having my mom spend a mil $$$ on a dress i was going to wear once. i spent about $150.00 on the veil and if i could go back i would have went to the dollar store and made it myself bc i wore it only for the ceremony then i didnt see it again till i got home and it was packed in my bag.
  • edited December 2011
    My mom bought my dress and gave me a budget of "$5,000-ish."

I tried on a $6,800 Pnina Tounay (or however the hell you spell that) at Kleinfeld's. And it was awesome. But the day before I had tried on *my* dress, which was $1600 before alterations. Having already seen how many beautiful dresses are out there for less than $3,000, there was no way I would even consider spending more than $6,000.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards