Michigan-Grand Rapids

ceremony locations

I am having a difficult time finding a place to have my ceremony. We are not members of a church here in grand rapids. Does anyone know of any alternative options or churches that do not require you to be members??

Re: ceremony locations

• edited December 2011
    We are having our ceremony and reception at the Meijer Gardens. Some reception locations are able to hold ceremonies as well. Have you scheduled your reception yet?

The only churches that allow non-members that I know of offhand are Fountain Street Church and Common Ground Church.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    If you're looking for something different you could have the ceremony on one of the pedestrian bridges downtown. My brother-in-law planned on doing this but had to move the wedding up due to health issues and decided March was too chilly for an outdoor wedding.

Have you set a date? Are you looking for an indoor space? I think the art museum does weddings.

• edited December 2011
    The church on the campus of Calvin College is really pretty. They allow non-members and non-students to have weddings there. Also, there is a pond with a waterfall, bridge, flowers, and trees across the street which is great for taking pictures with your wedding party.
  • shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would also try St. Cecilia's downtown, as well as any of the golf clubs in the area.
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• lizapetrenkolizapetrenko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Trinity Lutheran Church on Fulton St in the Cascade area has a gorgous sanctuary (marble floor, stained glass, beautiful woodwork and pillars...) and great acoustics (organ, piano, etc..). It was one of my top choices as they are friendly, affordable and very flexible.
  • edited December 2011
    Also, Kuyper College has a chapel that is BEAUTIFUL and allows non-members/non-students to rent out. It's located right on the East Beltline, so it's a really convenient location too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • revmistyrevmisty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does it have to be a church or are non-church options okay? There are many non-church options in the GR area. A recent bride booked the Masonic Temple downtown and that was a beautiful ceremony and the acoustics in their auditorium were phenomenal. I had my wedding ceremony in a lovely Victorian Manor (formerly Gibson's Restaurant, now Mangiamo's), and there are many reception places and outdoor spaces where you could hold a wedding ceremony. Many brides choose a beautiful outdoor setting, such as one of the local parks or gardens, riverside or the beach. I know there's Wege Plaza over at the EGR community center that overlooks Reed Lake (http://www.eastgr.org/?t=135&c=154). If you're looking at more expensive locations there's always Meijer Gardens, Amway Grand and other downtown or country club settings.

Hope that helps,

Misty Urban
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards