Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Hartwood Acres Mansion

Has anyone looked into the Hartwood Acres Mansion as a wedding venue? I'm trying to get a feel for their prices before I go meet with them.

Re: Hartwood Acres Mansion

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hahahahaha!!! Whoo girl, Freudian slip in the title of your post. I love you already. Unfortunately, I can't help you get a feel of Hardwood.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey!  I looked into Hartwood..... it has been awhile since we talked to them but from what I remember was that the prices seemed pretty reasonable... they charge you to rent a tent from them and then a fee for renting the space  but I THINK past that you can use any vendors you want, bring your own alcohol etc. The reason we did not end up there is we were told that weddings needed to end and be cleaned up by 7:00 when the park closes.   (I thought that seemed strange so maybe things have changed or maybe we were given wrong info).

If you are looking for outdoors I would look into the Mayernik center (at Avonworth Community Park... but this might be more 'country charm'), the Pittsburgh Zoo has an outdoor garden tent (this is the venue we chose),  I was at a gorgeous outdoor wedding at Frick museum , and I believe the Pittsburgh Center for the Arts has outdoor space.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I looked at it as an option, it's really beautiful. The downside was having a back-up plan if the weather was bad. Their prices are listed on a website somewhere, a quick google search should provide what you're looking for.

GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards