Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Bed, Bath & Beyond Registry Question

We registered at BB&B. My shower was yesterday. There are a few things that people didn't buy. I had heard from someone that BB&B lets you buy everything remaining on your registry for 20% off everything - without one of their coupons. Does anyone know if this is true or any other info about it? TIA!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Bed, Bath & Beyond Registry Question

• Options
    You can call customer service and ask them. Also, that wouldn't apply until after the wedding date you put on your registry.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    This isn't true. Our wedding was this weekend and they give you a one-time use coupon for 10% off of one item in the mail. I think they email me one for online as well.
  • Options
    Yes it's true. The BB&B where you registered should have explained it, but since they didn't, I will.

They host a Bridal Completion Event once a quarter and send an email to all the couples that got married in that time. You'll have to RSVP to be there. They will print your registry and let you have at the store. Our told us we could buy whatever was on our registry, but if they didn't have the exact item in the store, we could subsitute. We actually bought a few things that weren't on our registry at all and still got 20% off. Our store had about 15 associate there to help find everything and answer any questions. Once you are done shopping they ring it all up, scan a super special secret coupon behind the register and poof! 20% the entire order.

It was awesome. We save about $120 with that discount and finished off our registry with all the things we needed. We did call our store to find out when it was happening, and the didn't have the date yet, but called me back as soon as they knew. They will email to the address you gave when you registered.

P.S. We got married on April 24, but our event wasn't until June 17. It sucked waiting, but it was way better than collecting 50 coupons in the mail.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_bed-bath-beyond-registry-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:7fe87a19-9009-4d4d-aece-36cedc3d44d6Post:7c7b9961-7c93-4916-a6fa-793103ee8a5e">Re: Bed, Bath & Beyond Registry Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]This isn't true. Our wedding was this weekend and they give you a one-time use coupon for 10% off of one item in the mail. I think they email me one for online as well.
    Posted by AKG_JGJ[/QUOTE]

They do send a letter with a 10% coupon, but they do also host the event I described above. It's best to wait for your invitation or call your store to find out what's going on.
  • Options

It is true!  Our wedding was May 14th and we got a phone call from BBB about three weeks ago inviting us to a completion event worth 20% over entire purchase.  I think they do these quarterly. 

• Options

No one told us about this when we registered there, good to know, thanks ladies!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Question:  Can you add stuff to your registry after the wedding and then buy them at the 20% off event?  Just curious.  Or do they lock your registry after the wedding?

• Options
    No, we added and removed stuff. But our store basically didn't care and we threw whatever we wanted in the cart and still got 20% off.
  • Options
    I think I saw on the BB&B registry that they leave your registry open and editable for you after the wedding so that people can buy you stuff from there for holidays, anniversaries, etc.  Also, by etiquette guidelines, people have up to a year after the wedding to give you a gift (if the choose to give you a gift).
    October 2010 September SC - 1st Anniversary Plans:
    Trip to Prague & bring home furbaby when we get back
    imageimage
    ~ Karen ~
    **Wedding/House/Travel Bio **
  • Options
    Yes, you can add things to your registry after the wedding - I asked at the store, since we are having another party in my home state in a couple of weeks and I knew some people were planning on giving gifts there. Also, I got an email with two 10% off coupons - one to use in the store and one to use online - and they took the 10% off everything that I bought in one trip in the store (not sure yet if it works the same way online). I also just got another 10% coupon in the mail to use.

I had not heard of the completion event, so I'll have to call the store and ask - thanks for sharing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards