North Carolina-Outer Banks

Help!!! - Flower intervention??

I am in need of advice - I'm not sure what to do....

I'm am supposed to have my flowers done thru Harris Teeter. I have made several attempts for my quote since the end of May, so I know we're still in our budget. BUT... I haven't heard so much as a how-de-do since May. I'm worried that #1 I've been forgotten and I don't even have flowers or #2 I'm going to go to pick them up and fall over dead b/c of the price.... I'm actually considering canceling the order altogether, but I'm afraid I'll still be charged because it's only a week away. Can anyone please give me advice? 

Re: Help!!! - Flower intervention??

• Hey- can't believe how quick your wedding is coming up! I know a lot of brides have been having troubles with Maggi lately, very disapointing. Technically, if you never signed anything, which I don't think she even has contracts, and if you never "confirmed" you wanted the order, I don't think you would be held to it. I would review your communication with her. Are you going to be able to still get flowers from some place else?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited June 2012
    Honestly - now I'm just looking at purchasing wholesale and having them sent to the beach house. I guess I might just have to make them myself??

I reviewed our emails... way back when we started planning, Maggi told me how much bouts and bouquets cost on average, ... but, since then my discussions have been asking for a quote and I haven't received a single message back
  • I used FiftyFlowers and Maggi.  I will post full reviews later on, but I would go the FiftyFlower route if you have time.  I had snapdragons, roses, and garden roses.  They were GORGEOUS and plentiful (we had too many actually).  Good luck either way.  Maggi really disappointed me.
    image June 22, 2012
  • I will say that you've probably been forgotten.  I was, and I tried several tiimes to contact her.  Also, my order had been lost.
    image June 22, 2012
  • We just had our wedding this past May in the 4x4 in OBX and originally were going to use the Harris Teeter  Maggi- We had the same EXACT issue you are having and I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown.  We canceled with her (and then only did we get any communication from her and she had completely forgotten who we were or that we met in person and discussed our wedding) and hired Renee Landry Style.. She was amazing and stayed in our budget AND delivered the flowers to our house the morning of the wedding. Her flowers were beyond what I could have wanted and I highly reccomend her. If you want me to send you some pictures i would be happy too. 
    Good luck! 
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_harris-teeter-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:598Discussion:1eb185cc-1f1c-45b1-afe5-0ebc9e2ae697Post:45b6347a-2e94-467f-ac45-255f8fd03e4c">Re: Help!!! - Flower intervention??</a>:
    [QUOTE]We just had our wedding this past May in the 4x4 in OBX and originally were going to use the Harris Teeter  Maggi- We had the same EXACT issue you are having and I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown.  We canceled with her (and then only did we get any communication from her and she had completely forgotten who we were or that we met in person and discussed our wedding) and hired Renee Landry Style.. She was amazing and stayed in our budget AND delivered the flowers to our house the morning of the wedding. Her flowers were beyond what I could have wanted and I highly reccomend her. If you want me to send you some pictures i would be happy too.  Good luck! 
    Posted by jcnanners[/QUOTE]

<div>I had amazing communication with her until the end of May. I'm not sure if she's just so busy she's not able to contact people, but I haven't heard a single peep from her since May 29th. I've already contacted customer service and am supposed to have a response soon. Is it too late to cancel with just a week to go? If I do cancel, is it too late for someone like Renee Landry to help me?</div><div>
    </div><div>And, btw... I think I'm definitely having a nervous breakdown at the moment</div>
  • We used Renee Landry for bouquets, bouts, corsages, and some rentals and had an amazing experience with her as well.  I would contact her and see if she can help you out (especially with the major things, like your bouquet).

image June 22, 2012
  • Teach--don't have a breakdown..I know you don't need this with a week to go but I'd ditch Maggie after the recent reviews she's gotten. 

Call up Renee and see what she can do.  I'm still going with John Turner from Harris Teeter-KDH.  Even though we had a misunderstanding re: price, I'm assured that his work is amazing and he always delivers.  His contact info is:  252-449-9191 Email: [email protected] and [email protected].

Let us know if there's anything we can do...

• Can I cancel my order with less than a week to go? Or will I have to pay a penalty? (Mind you, I'm still not sure if there IS an order to cancel)
  • If you don't have a contract that spells out the exact price, deposit, payments or any penalty for cancellation, then there isn't one.  You've made multiple attempts to contact her with no response.  Would imagine that you didn't give any payment info since you'd typically pay upon pickup at the grocery store.  You've received no confirmation of your order..I'd start working on plan B.  Get a  quotes from Renee, maybe the other Harris Teeter in KDH so that you know you have someone that can work within your budget and deliver.  Then I'd send Maggie an email stating that since you haven't heard from her, you've decided to go elsewhere.

• Hi there! We are actually using Shirley from Sugar Snaps for my bouquet and possibly boutonniere.

For centerpieces, we were looking at fiftyflowers (jendem8 - glad to hear they worked out well for you!) I also came across a recommendation for bunchesdirect.com. I looked yesterday and they have some boutonniere options as well. 

Just a few more options :)
    115 Invited image
    73 Accepted image
    37 Declined image
    5 Are MIA image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_harris-teeter-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:598Discussion:1eb185cc-1f1c-45b1-afe5-0ebc9e2ae697Post:ae403e7e-7d41-440f-830c-fc6d21d1f7f7">Re: Help!!! - Flower intervention??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi there! We are actually using Shirley from Sugar Snaps for my bouquet and possibly boutonniere. For centerpieces, we were looking at fiftyflowers ( jendem8 - glad to hear they worked out well for you!) I also came across a recommendation for bunchesdirect.com. I looked yesterday and they have some boutonniere options as well.  Just a few more options :)
    Posted by kjerl[/QUOTE]

<div>I've been looking at bunchesdirect.com this morning. Does anyone know anything about them?</div><div>
    </div><div>If I decide on wholesale flowers, does anyone have any advice on what day to have them delivered? The wedding is next Friday but the 4th of July is on Wed. If I decide to go this route, should I get them on Tues or Thurs? </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_harris-teeter-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:598Discussion:1eb185cc-1f1c-45b1-afe5-0ebc9e2ae697Post:ae403e7e-7d41-440f-830c-fc6d21d1f7f7">Re: Help!!! - Flower intervention??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi there! We are actually using Shirley from Sugar Snaps for my bouquet and possibly boutonniere. For centerpieces, we were looking at fiftyflowers ( jendem8 - glad to hear they worked out well for you!) I also came across a recommendation for bunchesdirect.com. I looked yesterday and they have some boutonniere options as well.  Just a few more options :)
    Posted by kjerl[/QUOTE]

<div>I've been looking at bunchesdirect.com this morning. Does anyone know anything about them?</div><div>
    </div><div>If I decide on wholesale flowers, does anyone have any advice on what day to have them delivered? The wedding is next Friday but the 4th of July is on Wed. If I decide to go this route, should I get them on Tues or Thurs? </div>
  • Honestly, you never said you wanted the flowers, I'd just go ahead and do what you need to do! I'd check out what Shirley can help you with too, let her know that our bride group suggested you talk to her (all of the vendors know about our tight knit group!). I'd probably go for a Thursday delivery, but plan that you'll have to be making everything on Thursday, if you go that route. Good luck! I'm sorry that your dealing with this!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Maggi called me five days before my wedding and told me that my calla lillies for my bouquets and bouts were in but that she'd have to special order the 100 loose calla lillies for $3 a stem! Eventually she went back and "found" the email where she quoted me 100 for $189, but unless you call Harris Teeter and talk to her to work it out, I'd go elsewhere. She also never asked about what color ribbon for the bouquets until my mom called to pay for them so she could send them to Corolla store for our pick-up. I don't know what's up with her, but she had been rated so well and I just wonder if she'd gotten in over her head at this point??
  • I recently made a trip down to the OBX, and one of the things I wanted to do was meet Maggi.  I had a few pics of bouquets that I wanted, but mostly I just wanted to put a face to the name.  I'd emailed her to see when she was available, and she'd said she'd be in Saturday until 6:00 PM.  I stopped by around 1:00 PM and couldn't find anyone at the floral dept.  When I asked the manager, he was confused that she wasn't there, checked her schedule and said she was supposed to be there, but he didn't make any effort to find out where she was.  A cashier mentioned that Maggi had already left for the day??  Maybe she has something going on in her personal life??
  • Oh wow, this post is so timely.  First of all, TeachLibrary, I'm sure things will work out - sounds smart that you are already looking at alternatives. I would talk to customer service at bunchesdirect to see what they recommend in terms of delivery date.

I met with Maggi on June 6 and was a little nervous when she didn't have my Sept wedding date on her calendar, even though we had emailed about it.  She was very pleasant to talk to and had some good ideas.  However, I realized that I didn't ask her for an estimate, nor did she offer one.  So I emailed to ask for a rough quote on June 16 and haven't heard back yet.  I have to admit I need more communication than that to feel like things are under control, so even before this thread I was thinking of making other arrangements.  This seems to confirm that I need to look at some other options.

The board to the rescue again - you are so helpful, thanks all!!
  • I honestly think she's gotten in over her head. Probably at first it was just a couple of brides she was helping, and it wasn't a big deal, but now it has gotten out of hand for her, and she's under water with helping all of us. I wish HT would give her an assistant or something to help her out!

I hate making excuses for vendors, I'm an event planner in my day job, and I will rarely make excuses for a vendor, but I've also talked with Maggi, and she seemed very nice and helpful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_harris-teeter-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:1eb185cc-1f1c-45b1-afe5-0ebc9e2ae697Post:af632ceb-b4b3-4402-b9bd-74add33d77b1">Re: Help!!! - Flower intervention??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I honestly think she's gotten in over her head. Probably at first it was just a couple of brides she was helping, and it wasn't a big deal, but now it has gotten out of hand for her, and she's under water with helping all of us. I wish HT would give her an assistant or something to help her out! I hate making excuses for vendors, I'm an event planner in my day job, and I will rarely make excuses for a vendor, but I've also talked with Maggi, and she seemed very nice and helpful.
    Posted by ksj10032782[/QUOTE]

I agree with this 100%.  I think word has spread over the past year and Maggi just can't handle all of the brides--she needs an assistant or either a larger floral dept.  I was somewhat concerned last year but I was able to confirm everything with her in person when I went down for my hair trial last year, so if anyone is planning a trip down there, I recommend meeting with her in person and having her write-up an invoice and take a copy with you.

• Can someone give me Maggi's email address? My mom had placed an order with her over the phone and now after reading all of these comments, I'm very concerned that she doesn't have me listed...I definitely want a paper trail! Glad I saw this post...might look into other options!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_harris-teeter-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:1eb185cc-1f1c-45b1-afe5-0ebc9e2ae697Post:10d3854c-4bfc-40c2-9050-40591a8109cd">Re: Help!!! - Flower intervention??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can someone give me Maggi's email address? My mom had placed an order with her over the phone and now after reading all of these comments, I'm very concerned that she doesn't have me listed...I definitely want a paper trail! Glad I saw this post...might look into other options!
    Posted by ScarletB10[/QUOTE]

[email protected]

• [email protected]

After a sob-fest in the middle of Michael's last night, a large Sheetz mocha frappa something or other, and one too many tall glasses of gin and squirt... I feel much better today (well.. except for the hangover). I know in the end, if my flowers are the least of my worries, then I need to count myself lucky. Worst case scenario, I can always run to some store to round up some flowers. The day isn't about the flowers. 

I agree with all of you 100 bajillion percent - I think she's so busy, that she's not able to do her best work. I've done my part to communicate with her (and all of Harris Teeter, for that matter. Btw, is it possible to complain to customer service about customer service?! haha). It's just time to move forward and celebrate all this upcoming week has to offer. 

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all of your advice and help. It was certainly appreciated. If you still have suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them.. as I'm working on Plan B, C, and D. 

On a brighter note, my uber cute necklace from etsy arrived in just one day. (Score!)
  • I'm just curious, why hasnt anyone called? She is doing the flowers for my wedding, and I asked her about her experience and prices. She been doing this for many years and suprisingly harris teeter is really afforadble. I have corresponded with her via email but judging that everytime I called harris teeter to talk to her, she is the only one answering the department, so I think its only her there. Outer Banks is the top #2 desitination for wedding (why I picked it!!) so I can only imagine how swamped she is. Like I said I have called harris teeter and just talked to her and there hasnt been a single issue. There number is 1-252-261-2220, I would try calling her if I was you.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_harris-teeter-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:1eb185cc-1f1c-45b1-afe5-0ebc9e2ae697Post:c8eaeefb-000c-4008-ae23-f9962d4ea10b">Re: Help!!! - Flower intervention??</a>:
    [QUOTE][email protected] After a sob-fest in the middle of Michael's last night, a large Sheetz mocha frappa something or other, and one too many tall glasses of gin and squirt... I feel much better today (well.. except for the hangover). I know in the end, if my flowers are the least of my worries, then I need to count myself lucky. Worst case scenario, I can always run to some store to round up some flowers. The day isn't about the flowers.  I agree with all of you 100 bajillion percent - I think she's so busy, that she's not able to do her best work. I've done my part to communicate with her (and all of Harris Teeter, for that matter. Btw, is it possible to complain to customer service about customer service?! haha). It's just time to move forward and celebrate all this upcoming week has to offer.  Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all of your advice and help. It was certainly appreciated. If you still have suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them.. as I'm working on Plan B, C, and D.  On a brighter note, my uber cute necklace from etsy arrived in just one day. (Score!)
    Posted by TeachLibrary[/QUOTE]
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_harris-teeter-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:1eb185cc-1f1c-45b1-afe5-0ebc9e2ae697Post:5414802c-f59c-4125-9da2-7994cced7444">Re: Help!!! - Flower intervention??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm just curious, why hasnt anyone called? She is doing the flowers for my wedding, and I asked her about her experience and prices. She been doing this for many years and suprisingly harris teeter is really afforadble. I have corresponded with her via email but judging that everytime I called harris teeter to talk to her, she is the only one answering the department, so I think its only her there. Outer Banks is the top #2 desitination for wedding (why I picked it!!) so I can only imagine how swamped she is. Like I said I have called harris teeter and just talked to her and there hasnt been a single issue. There number is 1-252-261-2220, I would try calling her if I was you. In Response to Re: Help!!! - Flower intervention?? :
    Posted by jessnmikey[/QUOTE]

The problem that most posters were having is that they DID call and email and still received no response.  I used Maggi myself and had a good overall experience and even recommended her, along with many other brides, several times over.  However, as of recent, there have been some major issues with at least 3 brides, during the week of their wedding no less, regarding which flowers were ordered and even NOT ordered and whether or not the bouquets would even be delivered in time.  When it comes to the DAY of your wedding, flowers are the last thing you should be worried about.....especially after spending the money and valuable time to get there in the first place.

• So Jess, tell us a litte bit more about yourself and your FI.....where is your ceremony?  colors?  Venue?  All that fun stuff :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards