New Hampshire

Best place to buy fresh flowers (for DIY)?

I plan to create my own centerpieces and bouquets and am looking for suggestions on places to go in Southern NH (preferably Plaistow/Salem area) that sell beautiful fresh cut flowers where I can either buy bunches of my choosing or pre-made bouquets.  My back-up plan is to just buy a bunch of bouquets in the flower department at Shaw's and then rearrange them as I want so if anyone has better ideas I'd appreciate it! thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Best place to buy fresh flowers (for DIY)?

• edited December 2011
    I didn't DIY arranged centerpieces, but I did do potted flower centerpieces. If you're wanting to DIY to save money (and not just because you wanted to arrange them your self), this can be a very affordable way to go.  We clustered 5 little potted flowers and 4 votive candles in the center, and it was very gardeny.
    I loved my centerpieces, and then gave a pot to each couple/family as a favor.  I worked with a local farmstand who grew them and got a deal on bulk flower pots from an Agway store. 

Hope this helps! Sorry for the huge pic. 
    Anniversary
  • Bookworm28Bookworm28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about Whole Foods? I know there are none in NH, but I think there's one in Andover, which isn't too far away from Salem. They usually have a great flower selection (better than other grocery stores, imo). Also, Trader Joe's has nice flowers for great prices too. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you both! Good suggestions.  And Elizabeth - those potted plants looked so cute!  I might consider doing that but I just really love bouquets of different fresh cut flowers.  I will def check out Whole Foods and Trader Joe's.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    You're welcome! For us, it was a great way to support a friend's local business, do centerpieces and favors in one step, and save money.  I also love multi-flower bouquets; my bouquet and my girls' bouquets were quite vibrant and varied, which I LOVED. :)  One thing I should note is that we had a few varieties of flowers grown for us, just the million bells made the photos. I thing having different varieties and colors in the same pot helped them look 'together'. 
    Good luck with whatever you choose!
    Anniversary
  • Check out Delahunty Nurseries, the wedding flower guy is Louie he works with all budgets/needs to get you what you need and they were fresh and GORGEOUS!! Tell them "the Romano's sent you" :)
    ....Happy ever after.... http://romanowedding.weebly.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards