July 2013 Weddings
Options

Inattentive vendors.... :(

We're getting married next year and as it's a destination wedding we've been looking at venues so when we go to Saint Lucia we can short list and start booking.

I've emailed a very expensive hotel where we were thinking of holding our reception and not only has the responder completely missed the essence of my request and completely ignored the specifications I set out in my email but on her second response she miss-spelt my name.

I am thinking of totally putting them off my list and writing a note to the manager. Would this be bad of me?

I'm just so unimpressed by the lack of professionalism she has shown to date and it's not even my wedding yet. If she is making these mistakes and oversights now what will she do for my actual wedding arrangements?

Help?
NC

Re: Inattentive vendors.... :(

• Options
    Were the specifications in regards to answering questions you have or were they completely left out? I've had my name mis-spelled before, I overlook those only because no one is perfect at typing and mistakes happen all the time. You never know if the person was multi-tasking, super busy or just missed it in proof read...or perhaps they just hit the wrong key accidently.
    In any event, I would write the hotel back and try to point out your requests via a list. something like : these are the questions/issues I have, then just number them if you havent already.
    Otherwise if you're already turned off then just send a small email that you have already contacted someone else. Good luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Thanks for this, very useful. My original email was set out in bullet points of what I was asking about and she didn't answer any of my questions/points at all. I do agree that I should probably ignore the name thing - she added an H where there should have been none, although I signed it on the bottom and it is my email.

In the end I've still go loads of time to go yet so all of these little kinks can be worked out. Just was not sure how to react to vendors for wedding arrangements. If it was corporate I would have handled it very differently, but one never can be too tough on people in these situations and with something as sensitve as a wedding I should probably do some of this by phone.

Thanks again.

• Options
    I had that happen too and got super upset and wanted to cross them off of my list.  I had sent a list of questions and just got back a generic answer and their basic information packet.  However, I talked to FI about it and he talked me down a bit by pointing out that they probably get a lot of inquiries for their facility, many of which are probably only half-heartedly interested and that the general response the first time around may answer some of their questions.  I sent a more detailed list in response to the basic information they gave me and then they were very attentive to my questions & concerns.  Presumably sorting out the serious inquiry vs. the casual "what-if"er.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Options
    Good point flutterbride, just like you my FI talked me down too.

I'm stil looking but with so much time to go I'm starting to slack off a bit.
  • Options
    Thank you ladies for this information. I am having the same issues with Photographers, which has made me and my FI a little nervous. But maybe I will send another email to vendors with more detail information and hope they answer 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_inattentive-vendors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:efb20ac8-36fe-407f-a6ab-4114ceb2ea0cPost:df61d515-657e-427c-bb83-2a13d3360573">Re: Inattentive vendors.... :(</a>:
    [QUOTE] I sent a more detailed list in response to the basic information they gave me and then they were very attentive to my questions & concerns.  
    Posted by flutterbride2b[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I did this today and was able to get a response. Thank you!

</div>
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards