Texas-Houston

Where to buy wedding dress

I'm looking for a good place to try and but my wedding dress at but not wanting to pay a fortune for it... I have heard bad things about davidson bridal.... Not sure where else to go. Also, if I'm getting married in April 2012, when should I have my dress purchased by... So I can have alterations done and ready for bridal portraits end of march or first of April. Thanks for the help!!!

Re: Where to buy wedding dress

• tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can try on dresses at Ventura's or other bridal salons. But I ordered my dress from Pearl's Place {www.pearlsplace.com} after trying it on at Ventura's.
  • edited December 2011
    Alfred Angelo is good and if you buy from them your BMs get 25% off if they get their dresses there as well.
  • edited December 2011
    I got mine at Princess Bridal. And it takes about 8 months for a designer dress to come in.
  • edited December 2011

Like Ty said you can get your dress from Pearls Place, their prices are very reasonable. I was going to get my dress and my girls dress from there but I decided to go to Ventura's. I got my dress and my girls dresses there and we all got discounts on our dresses. My consultant was Krystal she was so sweet and helpful!!!

• sbelle85sbelle85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Milad Bridal Boutique off of Westheimer. They have high end designer gowns and many of them are up to 50% off retail because they were sample gowns at salons that closed. It's amazing and the owner is super helpful and sweet!
  • HollyPW2011HollyPW2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    weddings by debbie.
  • edited December 2011
    I think you can go pretty much anywhere, just depends on what youre looking for and wanting to spend. I have heard bad things about certain Davids Bridal but not all of them and I would allow 8+ months if the dress has to be made
    xoxo, Jennifer
  • edited December 2011
    I used Ventura's Bridal for my dress and David's Bridal for my bridesmaids.  Ventura's was wonderful and my dress was actually cheaper that what found when googling prices online.  David's Bridal - absolute NIGHTMARE!  I do not recommend them at all.
  • tbush77498tbush77498 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine from Alfred Angelo. The one I fell in love with was regular $599. I had found the same online for $279 but was worried about ordering it. I started getting emails and figured I would wait for a sale. Well, got an email for a 2-day sale where several dresses were $98 or $398. I figured that I would still spend a little more but I knew exactly what I was getting so decided to call the store. Long story short, my dress was a floor model but was one of the new ones. The best part is it was the $98 price!!! It'll cost maybe $200 for alterations and it was in perfect shape! So don't ignore sales and always call to see if the one you like is on sale and you may be extremely surprised as I was!!! And they can size down up to 3 sizes and only need 3 weeks for alterations! I highly recommend them. I was at two locations and was treated very well at both. Salespeople were knowledgeable and just super! I visited both Meyerland and Willowbrook locations
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for the help!!! It frustrates me that most places you have to go to the store to find prices... Kinda aggravating..
  • edited December 2011
    I have an appointment on Wednesday at Marry Go Round. I can let you know how that goes!
  • edited December 2011
    @aggieteacher.. That would be great!!! Thanks!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Yes get your dress sooner rather than later, you don't want to stress if it does not come in when they say it will. I have heard it can come early or even be a month or so behind.  I am an April 2012 bride as well and ordered mine in June and they estimate it will get here in November. I just wanted plenty of time for alternations and bridal portraits, because I know those can take some time as well. Good luck dress shopping! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks DannG... I am going to go soon.... hope to find something and get a good deal!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards